Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 100786 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2018, 11:39:39 am »
Great to hear, Chris, wifey will be along to keep ya in line.

I would be the happiest guy there if she can make it, for many reasons. Her and Clint have become bestys the last few months. He sent her jewelry and she sent him a preserved gator head :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2018, 01:46:05 pm »
Sure hope your the happiest man there Chris.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2018, 04:18:54 pm »
Glad to hear Jean is pressing on for coming , it's so good to hear that !
Thanks for everybody understanding about the fire situation
May be a bit differant this year but by next we will be old hats at it.
I plant to try to get a couple made and hope to just leave them there cause I think that will be the real solution in the end. Like I said dont think we are the problem but hope we can be the solution.
Life has been interesting for sure so far this year Marshall  most likely to be my only archery for this year
Life is good but hard but God is great ! Wow 25 yrs of Marshall , thanks to all of you !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2018, 07:00:22 am »
Looking forward to the 25th, Guy.  Hope all is well.  Of course, if you need anything....
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2018, 04:11:34 am »
Thanks Matt
see ya soon
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2018, 05:55:43 am »
Hey Guy, do you know if they have power available at the pole out back where the second drive comes in? I ask only because if Jean comes along I may need to plug in a heating pad or an air conditioner if things go haywire for her while she is there. Its a crap shoot as far as when the bad times come and go. We had a relatively good oncologist visit yesterday and the first thing she said was, "guess Im going to Marshall with you", with a smile on her face.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2018, 03:57:29 pm »
That's great Chris. If you want it you can have my spot by the uncool crowd. Actually there really isn't anyone there. Just me my wife and the vendors.  Guess there just aren't that many uncool people there other than me.lol. It's real close to bathrooms and showers to.
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2018, 06:00:48 am »
Thanks very much for the offer, BJ. I think she would be more happy away from crowds and noise if she has to spend any time in bed. One way or another I'll get what she needs to be comfortable.

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2018, 08:36:52 am »
Ok I will be attending Marshall this year been talking to guy a little and he’s probably tired of my questions so I thought I would just see what everybody here has to say. I seen the post about the fires ✅anything else? Dvshunter and Patrick have said a lot of good things about this gathering ! It will be my wife and son and me attending. Can’t wait to meet new people that love to shoot and make bows.
My son wants me to ask if this is like mojam (which he loves very much ) and he can work on bows? Also he likes to split staves so If anybody needs help look him up!
Cant wait to get there andy
lets get back to the basics

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2018, 12:29:46 pm »
Andy I've never been to MoJam but I'm pretty sure your whole family will love Marshall. I've heard people discribe it as " like MoJam without the heat"  probably want o bring clothes for almost any kind of weather. If you like making bows bring your tools and a vice if you've got one. There's usually several there but can be lots of guys and gals using them. There's a very nice 3D shooting course that follows a trail through the woods. By the main entrance there are bathrooms and a shower. Also a target with backstop. We have a pot luck dinner and benifit auction Saturday night. We had a really nice trade blanket last year that I'm guessing will be even better this year. You might want some nice and not so nice arrows to shoot. The jug shoot is fun but can be hard on arrows the bear across the pond to. For me it's a great place to get some supplies I just can't find at home so I've learned to bring my bow budget money for buying stuff I need for good price with zero shipping. If you have any more questions just ask.
Looking forward to seeing you
Bjrogg

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2018, 01:41:35 pm »
Thanks for the info clothes for all weather good to know . I will be bringing lots of supplies with me . So no heat like mojam that’s what o like best about it . 😃

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2018, 03:25:11 pm »
. . . been talking to guy a little and he’s probably tired of my questions . . . 

I wasn't gettin' tired of your questions!    :)      8)      :)
Glad ya decided to make the trek!!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2018, 06:18:25 pm »
I can’t wait to make the trip!!! When I get excited about something I ask a lot of questions. Ask the mojam guys but I know that primitive events you can’t beat the hospitality!!!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2018, 08:03:35 pm »
May not be as big as mojam but not sure mike could tell ya better on that

Chris I will have Mike D check on the power so we know for sure but with construction going on I would think power would still be back there
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2018, 07:00:57 am »
Thanks Guy, see you soon my friend.