Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 100309 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2018, 03:12:53 am »
Carbon is ok to shoot the 3D course. The several shooting competitions require wood.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2018, 07:40:25 am »
Do any of you guys plan on doing any steam bending?  I can bring my steamer and forms if you do.  Just let me know.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2018, 08:06:47 am »
Cool MI temps are looking good.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline nakedfeet

• AJD Archery & Outdoors
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2018, 12:35:46 pm »
Been thinking about this with it coming up, and wasn't sure. Archery just hasn't been much on my mind the last several months. And with still having snow up here until like ... two weeks ago, I've only been out shooting a few times. No building yet.

My friend David asked me about it a couple weeks ago, and I've been thinking about it since. Pretty sure I'll make it down. Not working right now, so that can't get in the way, and it's always one of the highlights of my year so ... I guess I better hack something resembling a bow out of a hunk of wood in the next two weeks so I have a new toy to play with, grab something to work on while I'm there, and travel light.

I'll have to check in with David again and see what he's got going on. We might carpool down together.

Anyways, we'll see what the next couple weeks bring, but it's looking like a go for me.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2018, 02:33:30 pm »
My phone died last Wednesday. We are all hanging in there still. Looks like I will be down Tuesday around 6 and hopefully Jean comes down Thursday some time.

Looking forward to relaxing and see all of you again.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2018, 04:11:05 pm »
Cool MI temps are looking good.

Knoll. Where I live here by the big lake it's been in the thirties the past three nights. The long term forecast looks fantastic for Marshall.

Me too Pearl
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2018, 04:54:27 pm »
Here is what I've been working on for the raffle/auction.  It was a black locust fence rail that my grandpa cut and put up when I was 4 or 5 years old.  It should hold at least 18 bows if you double up on each peg.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2018, 05:48:14 pm »
That's cool Clint.everyone needs more bow racks.I'll buy some tickets on that one...
DBar

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:06:58 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2018, 05:58:57 pm »
::tucks extra money away in wallet::

That is beautiful!
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2018, 08:02:39 pm »
Thanks!  A little history behind that piece of wood:  My grandpa fenced in a small pasture and made a barn for a pony he got for me.  That piece of black locust was part of the fence he put up that summer.  This picture was taken when were moving the barn into the pasture.  That's me trying to open the door.  That should give you an idea on how old that chunk of locust is.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2018, 08:49:53 pm »
Ill bet you still look like that trying  to open the door!  >:D

Ill be looking to take that rack home with me as well.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2018, 10:32:54 pm »
Some kinda memories in that rack, Clintster. Special of ya to make it avail to the community.   :OK

Offline ksnow

« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2018, 06:42:33 am »
Just about a week away now.  I'm debating if I leave a day early and show up on Wednesday, mid day. It'll be great to see everyone again and hopefully put a few more faces to names this year. Now I just need to get everything I want to bring to fit into the truck.

Kyle

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2018, 06:47:58 am »
Do any of you guys plan on doing any steam bending?  I can bring my steamer and forms if you do.  Just let me know.

Bring it please. I have a semi snakey billet blank I want to deflex on Paulys caul and then I'll add hooks. If it works it works, if it doesn't we have more fire wood.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sleek

« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2018, 07:16:20 am »
Well guys, I had planned on going but unfortunatly,  and fortunately  both.... i have to work. I hope yall have a blast and i will see you at mojam!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others