Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 100308 times)

Offline missilemaster

Re: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2018, 05:37:46 am »
Looks like we will be pulling in this afternoon/evening!! Super stoked, can't wait to see you all!!! :D
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline nakedfeet

• AJD Archery & Outdoors
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2018, 02:41:30 pm »
Well, my plans changed. Other things came up and I've just had other stuff going on, so it looks like I won't be coming after all.

Hope to see a lot of you at Elm Hall later this summer though!

Have fun and shoot straight! Don't lose or break too many arrows.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2018, 05:58:57 pm »
Leaving in the morning hope to jave lunch with everyone!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2018, 06:00:09 pm »
Dun had a good time!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:03:12 pm by paulsemp »

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2018, 06:02:33 pm »
Dun had a good time

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2018, 07:00:50 pm »
What a great weekend!

Vincent, Marley and I showed up friday just in time for the trade blanket and we got to make sone nice trades with matt, Aaron from wisconsin, clint, and bj. Marley got everythung she wanted except the bear rug! After that it was visiting with friends until trying to shoot the short course. As luck would have it there wasnt enough light or fresh air to make it through, but clint, ryan, mine and i tried our best!  Saturday went by entirely to fast as well. Im trying to load up my pics to share now so hopefully i can tell some more stories then!

Thanks to good people at wilder creek conservation club for everything they do and thanks for showing us some norther hospitality again this year. This shoot is on the short list for must attend.  The place is beautiful and the people are great.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2018, 09:39:46 pm »
The 25th Marshall was an incredible time.  A big thanks to Guy and the rest of the club members who put this shoot on.  I had such a great time hanging out with all of my friends and family.  The trade blanket was a lot of fun.  There were some great trades made.  The club added some new targets to the range which was much appreciated.  I tried to get a few pictures of the fun.

I was lucky enough to win a bow that Pearly and Badly Bent made for the raffle.  Thanks for the bow guys.

Me and Mike Lynch (Stixnstones) had a bow swap.  He made me a beautiful hackberry bow with dark rattler skins that look awesome.  Thanks for the bow Mike.

The bow shop early in the week.  There were several young guys making bows during the week.  It was great to see the fire burning strong in them.

Knoll and the Dancing Bear working on arrows.

Knoll isn't always grouchy  ;D

Our campground group photo.  I really enjoy sharing a camp with all of you guys.   Bill seems to have sprouted horns for this picture  ;D

The poacher night shoot was a lot of fun

Bill made campfire pizza one evening.  It was awesome.

Some late night bow work

The newlyweds.  Ryoon and Cody brought there wives this year. 

Cody brought some of his bow vises

Paul, Matt, and others getting recognized for helping out with the shoot

Guy getting recognized for all that he does to keep the Marshall shoot going each year.  He was given a bow and arrows signed by everyone.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2018, 10:50:03 pm »
Looks like I missed a really good one this year. 

Man Paul,  your little girl sure is growing up!

Looks like the lemonade stand has upgraded to cookies to! I hope the girls did good again this year!

Just as Dave said,  put this on your list for next year.

Guy deserves all the recognition he can get.  He is always making sure everyone is having a good time. 

Great pictures guys! And the food looks great!
Did Bill make any of his campfire pies?

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #263 on: May 28, 2018, 06:01:33 am »
There's still a few of us left here. Susie and I will be packing up to leave soon. I miss you guys, gals and kids so much already. I haven't even left yet and I already can't wait till next year. I took a bunch of pictures and will try to get them posted when I can. Really great time. Lots of familiar faces and a bunch of new ones. All of them belong to fine people.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #264 on: May 28, 2018, 08:06:54 am »
Another amazing Marshall. It would take a catastrophe for me to miss this gathering of friends. It was great meeting Wyatt and his parents from Feathers and Wood, Li from China, Aaron the cheesehead, John Kopec and few others this year. Time just flew right by, as per the usual. I took a handful of pics. The last two pics are a few father son tandems. John and his son and Chris and his son.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #265 on: May 28, 2018, 08:08:53 am »
Few more. Ryan gave Pauly and I new bows this year. Both were amazing and mine shot like a dream. Thanks again my friend. The last few pics are of Wilder Creek. It tempted the fisherman in me allll weekend :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2018, 08:13:10 am »
Few more. Wyatt holding is almost shooting new bow, big Dave the no-beard wonder, Pauly heating a bow for the 17th time, should have used steam like I said. And the last is Jeff. He has been working/learning his first bow at my place and decided to drive down for the afternoon on Saturday to get some work done on it. His fire is burning HOT and that makes it easy to teach.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2018, 08:27:24 am »
Good pics of a fun looking gathering with great weather.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2018, 09:11:42 am »
It was a bit warm but other than that the weather was perfect.  We had a few minutes of sprinkles early one morning but it wasn't even enough to wet the grass.

It was very cool to see the next generation of bowyers asking questions and learning.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2018, 09:25:18 am »
Great pics guys..  sooo glad you like the bow Clint. Ok, so another amazing week hanging out with some of the best folks I've ever met and yet another year i got caught up in the fun and forgot to take pics.Cant believe its here and gone already.
DevilsBeachSelfbows