Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 100789 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #270 on: May 28, 2018, 12:01:23 pm »
Great pictures guys! I had a grear time by the fire with you mike. Its grest to laugh so hard you hurt! Its also nice to know you have a crack security team patroling the ground at night watching for strangers.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #271 on: May 28, 2018, 12:13:13 pm »
Thanx Dave for the laughs, i havent laughed that hard in a long time.. sorry to everybody else who was tryin to sleep
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2018, 01:20:39 pm »
Codys wife juanita said she was so happy when we went bed, but then the little man in bills tents snoring kept her up so we may have been the better of the two!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2018, 01:29:20 pm »
Anyone who camps near us better be able to handle the 2 a.m. giggles.......

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2018, 02:22:18 pm »
Just got home. Wow this is when it's nice to live by the big lake. 94 degrees all the way back until we got about 12 miles from home 76 degrees at my house. Can see my brother out working in my fields. Hope everyone had a safe trip. Only 360 days to go till next time. Can't wait.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2018, 03:07:39 pm »
I agree paul. Who doesnt like laughter? O:)

Bj it was cooker there than here. We hit a cool 97 today with 300% humidity.  That makes the heat index about the same as the surface of the sun.  I still cant figure out hiw to post pics with imgur from my phone.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2018, 03:21:10 pm »
Text them to me Dave and I'll post them
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2018, 05:53:01 pm »
Yea that little man followed me home yesterday and we had issues at home that night with my wife Kim.  She kick him out of bed and sent him to the guest room. I can't get rid of that little guy for some reason... :)

By the way I had a great time, the pizza was great and Clint we will do it again.....Thanks to all of the people that put this event on.  It is a super event.  would not miss it for anything.  there were a lot of new comers which was great, loved talking bow and arrows with them.

Pearl...did you ever catch a fish???? and I'm needing  to get the scoop on the "crack security team patroling the ground at night watching for strangers" from Mike or Dave. ???  Maybe I can get them to keep an eye on that little guy for me.,,, ;)

Yep "Dun had a good time".......
Till next time.
DBar
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:13:16 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline JEB

« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2018, 06:14:55 pm »
Wife and I made it down for the day. Met up with Pearl , Matt , BJ and Clint. All great folks and had a good visit.  Thanks to all for the hard work.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:58:52 pm by JEB »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2018, 06:36:10 pm »
Just finished unloading everything and returning my brother's truck. I'll try getting some pictures up as soon as I can.
Jeb it was great to see you and Chris again. You both look great.

Bill I'm thinking Knoll is going to need a crack security team to protect that formerly $1,200 bedazzled pink cooler that had to of tripled in value after collecting all those valuable bowyers signatures.

There was  a very nice number of new faces. Both guys and gals. It was really good to see so many people working on bows. Once again, Marshall is a fantastic place but it's all of the truly amazing people that come that make the memories.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2018, 06:52:53 pm »
Thanks so much for a wonderful week at Marshall. The entire family had a great time. Cahl has completely crashed. I had to stare at him a few minutes to make sure I brought home the right kid... Hadn't really seen much of him after we set up camp at Marshall. He had a great time and said on the way home he felt bad he didn't work on a bow much but he really had a blast with all of the kids there. He doesn't get much of a chance to spend time with other kids so I told him we understood and those staves will be waiting for him in the barn later this week.

Both John and I would like to thank everyone for helping us with our first bows. I didn't get nearly as far as John but I'll get over my fear of the draw knife on my next one. ;) Now we have the knowledge to help Cahl out a little more. It was great to be welcomed back and even more wonderful that we got to stay the entire event plus some.

I'll go thru my camera in the next couple days and see if I managed to get any photos to post. I forgot to get it out Friday and Saturday.

I really don't know how the weekend could have been any better. Sweet trade blanket goodies, great raffle, awesome auction, amazing dinner and new friendships that are suited for a lifetime of fabulous memories. Thank you everyone who had a hand in this event. I can not wait until next year.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2018, 07:33:03 pm »
Where to start first I would like to thank everybody that stopped by our booth to say hi and look around!! We love attending these events so much , people are salt of the earth kind!! Would really like to thank everybody that helped wyatt with his bows he was working on pearly, osage , Paul , and whoever else helped him and BJ for trading with him on the arrow . Sheryl and I had a great time loved visiting with everybody and made lots of new friends!!!
I hope it is in the cards for us to come back for many years, but if not this will be a special place with us!!
Thanks Andy,Sheryl and Wyatt Barnett
Oh about forgot a very big thank you to guy and everybody else that helps put this on !!!!
lets get back to the basics

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2018, 08:43:29 pm »
It was nice to meet you and your family Andy.  I enjoyed working with Wyatt on his bows and strings.  I'll see you guys at Mojam.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2018, 04:45:56 am »
Looks like another great time for sure, thanks for sharing the pictures. More please. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #284 on: May 29, 2018, 08:32:53 am »
If you like to buy supplies from folks just like us, then Id highly suggest talking with Andy or Sheryl at Feathers-n-wood. I know I found my new supplier of anything I may need. I like supporting folks I know, and I'm proud to say I know them. Mr. Wyatt is a class act young man. It was refreshing to see him working on a bow more than a dang cell phone. The young mans self bow fire is raging.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.