Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 100790 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 08:11:11 pm »
Im looking forward to seeing all you guys again. Especially after my jug shoot practice at mojam. Ill be sure to tune up before i get there this year.  (-S

It wont be long now.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 04:55:07 am »
If you can only make it for one day, which day would you go on?

Aaron all I can say is once you get there your not gonna want to leave in one day. Therefore I vote for coming early and leaving late.  Sorry might not be much help but it's to truth.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 10:15:00 am »
If you can only make it for one day, which day would you go on?

My son and I went for the first time last year and we could only be there Thursday and Friday. I believe the trading blanket was Friday night because we saw it all go down. We had enough time Saturday morning to tour the vendor booths before leaving but the smell of all that delicious meats in the smokers for Saturday night was hard to leave.

This brings me to my question about the Trading Blanket. Are non-primitive bows allowed to trade there? I know it's a primitive event but I swore I saw one last year and was thinking about putting my recurve up for trade. It's an awesome bow but I just haven't used it since getting my longbow.  I have been considering selling it but if it can be traded off for some other great goodies I'm all for it. I may shed a tear when it goes but it needs to be enjoyed by someone.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 10:36:12 am »
Coby you can trade anything you want. I traded a glass bow off last year for 500 plastic nocks. Patrick is such a sucker :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2018, 10:55:59 am »
Coby you can trade anything you want. I traded a glass bow off last year for 500 plastic nocks. Patrick is such a sucker :)

I almost brought it up last year but decided not to. I wasn't sure what all was entailed in the festivity. Now I know. Cahl really wanted one of those fox.  I'll have to try to convince my self to let it go to someone who is going to use it. It's too nice to just sit there and look pretty.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2018, 12:00:47 pm »
I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys again. Especially after my jug shoot practice at mojam. Ill be sure to tune up before i get there this year.

There's a bunch of good shooters at Marshall. It would be cool if more of us took part in the Jug Shoot.
Carol enjoyed Elm Hall last year. So she may tag along to Marshall.
Am looking forward to late May!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2018, 12:16:37 pm »
I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys again. Especially after my jug shoot practice at mojam. Ill be sure to tune up before i get there this year.

There's a bunch of good shooters at Marshall. It would be cool if more of us took part in the Jug Shoot.
Carol enjoyed Elm Hall last year. So she may tag along to Marshall.
Am looking forward to late May!

You might want to put her in charge of the camera Knoll.  I seem to remember you lost track of it for a while last year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »
Mikey I will gladly enter the jug shoot if you bring me 2 dozen 50-55 arras cut to 29.5" with 125 grain tips. You can have 'em back after I win. :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 02:16:02 pm »
I wouldn't think it would take 2 dozen   ???
DBar
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:09:30 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 02:54:26 pm »
Pearl, you show up at the line. I'll have some ammo for ya. And, like Bill said, it won't take 2 doz for you!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 02:57:13 pm »
Just what is this jug shoot you all are speaking of?

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 04:07:24 pm »
Pearl, you show up at the line. I'll have some ammo for ya. And, like Bill said, it won't take 2 doz for you!
Mike........ I wasn't talking about Pearl. He may need 3 :) :) ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 04:52:24 pm »
Pearly, you dont want mikes arrows. Ive seen him shoot. Try for bills arrows instead. :NN

Clint,  mike is always losing things,  cameras, coolers, his mind...
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 06:32:35 pm »
Pearly, you dont want mikes arrows. Ive seen him shoot. Try for bills arrows instead. :NN

Clint,  mike is always losing things,  cameras, coolers, his mind...
A "mind" is highly overrated. I barely miss mine...hardly ever used it anyway.  ???

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:11 pm »
Very true paul! :)

I will jave some feathers for tbe trade blanket again this year, nice and processes left wingers. I wish i had more stuff because there were some fine items in the trade last year! Ill keep looking around though. I know i have an old wool hunting jacket arlund somewhere.