Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 100767 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #345 on: June 05, 2018, 05:11:15 pm »
That cooler really does look great Knoll.
Just thought I'd do another drive by post here. Promised I'd post a few pictures of the bow Cody donated at the benifit auction.
Here's the profiles. It's a nice shooting bow. Really very similar in all manner to my Badly Bent bow from the raffle last year. Incredibly narrow tips. It's a real Misslemaster for sure.
Thanks again Cody for donating it. Hope to see you and your wife again next year.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2018, 06:10:33 pm »
Man thats a sweet bow... lucky
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #347 on: June 05, 2018, 06:36:45 pm »
Couldn't agree more Mike. Can't believe nobody outbid me.
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2018, 07:28:29 pm »
That was funny Pauly :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #349 on: June 05, 2018, 07:35:42 pm »
Bjrogg

I'm glad you got that bow BJ.  If I hadn't of bought a second bow vise from Cody I would have had some more bidding room  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #350 on: June 05, 2018, 07:51:39 pm »
Bjrogg

I'm glad you got that bow BJ.  If I hadn't of bought a second bow vise from Cody I would have had some more bidding room  ;)

I just about bought a vice to Clint. Kinda glad I didn't now. Sure would like one of them though.
Bjrogg

Offline Emennis

• "In the long run, you only hit what you aim at"HT
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2018, 07:00:00 am »
I'd really wanted to have been there for longer this year, stupid military schools interfere again. Hopefully next year I can show up for more than just one day like this year. But it was good to get out and do the long course with Jill and her friend. Every time I see everyone working on staves I keep contemplating making another self bow ;). But I think I still want to start from a blank again if I do, from a whole stave is daunting to me lol.
The thing about archery is that everyone can do it and everyone can have a good day at it. You don't have to be an expert.

Tom Barker

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2018, 08:03:44 am »
Bjrogg

I just about bought a vice to Clint. Kinda glad I didn't now. Sure would like one of them though.
Bjrogg

You need to get one of his vises BJ.  They are great for working on bows. 

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2018, 09:41:26 am »
Yah I agree Clint. I used Mike's and it is very nice well built vice. My frugal self says I can build one myself. My logical side says you should have just bought it. By the time my logical side talked loud enough Cody was gone. You snooze you lose. Have to see if my frugal side can talk loud enough to get me to make one now.
Bjrogg

Offline JEB

« Reply #354 on: June 12, 2018, 07:13:29 am »
Good pictures and thanks for posting. I have some old photos from the 70's when the Michigan Bow Hunters used to hold the Bear shoot there.  The parking lot had several lines of pine trees and archers would camp in between them. Loren Willy used to be the MBH governor for that district and he hosted the shoot there. Every target was cut out of cardboard and was a black bear.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #355 on: June 12, 2018, 06:38:27 pm »
Emminis i think i snapped a pic you guys out shooting! Matshall is just the shoot to help make it to mojam. Im ready planning nexy year!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Emennis

• "In the long run, you only hit what you aim at"HT
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2018, 06:55:33 am »
Awesome I would love to see it. I don’t have many pictures of me doing archery:)
The thing about archery is that everyone can do it and everyone can have a good day at it. You don't have to be an expert.

Tom Barker

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #357 on: December 17, 2018, 11:52:17 am »
I don't know about you cats? But, I'm very ready for Marshall already. Its going to be a good one my friends.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #358 on: December 17, 2018, 01:17:43 pm »
I will have to leave Friday this year.  My daughter is graduating.  I tried to talk her into having someone record it for me but she didn't like that idea. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #359 on: December 17, 2018, 01:35:58 pm »
Carol may tag along this year. Hopefully that structure is complete.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857