Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 100472 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 25th Anniversary Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2018, 06:39:06 am »
I've seen what those dang jugs do when the arrow passes through! I haint wrecking my quiver full :). And, with the super duper mega powerful bows I build, I know they are all going right through to the bales.

Cant wait to see ya'll again, I done had fun last year 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2018, 06:59:18 am »
Coby you can trade anything. Who knows maybe someone is looking for a horse trailer with living quarters in the front. I'm sure my daughter in law would be interested. Some forged stuff would probably go over big.
The jug shot is held up by the main hall. Where the backstop targets are. They fill two one gallon plastic milk jugs with water. They hang both from a rope and pully system so they start out the same height above ground. The object is to shoot and drain enough water out of your jug so that your opponents jug drops to the ground. You are allowed as many arrows as you can beg, borrow or steal. You are not allowed to remove any arrows from the jug. Winners from first round move on the next round till final round. Only target points allowed. No broadheads or modified points. Also only wood bows and arrows. They usually have several age groups of kids and sometimes ladies and men's shoots. It is a lot of fun and I'm surprised it hasn't been even bigger event than it is. I think this years going to be special. It can be a bit hard on arrows but it really is fun. Not always he who has most arrows in jug wins.
Bjrogg
Pearl if you make one bareshaft arrow tuned to your powerful bow that's all you should need. Just rip through the bottom inch of that jug and take your arrow to the next round.lol.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:50 am »
Pearl if you make one bareshaft arrow tuned to your powerful bow that's all you should need. Just rip through the bottom inch of that jug and take your arrow to the next round.lol.

8)     :NN     8)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2018, 10:14:55 am »
bjrogg,

considering I am down to only one horse that might just happen ;) Unless I can find a nice mule this summer. Although, it's really handy to have a gigantic archery room with me.

I'll really have to learn how to make those wood arrows now. That jug competition sound like fun. I bought some really nice ones from True North at GLLI but I just can bring myself to put the points on them. They are sitting on the counter in my studio and I pet them every time I walk by. Good thing the Kalamazoo Expo is this weekend, I'll have to get some goodies to get started making my own.

Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2018, 12:05:17 pm »
Making arrows is incredibly easy. I have no doubts you can do it. Buy a Bitzenburger. They are pricey, but they are the best and will last two lifetime's. Plus, they are made in Grand Ledge. Buy your shafts from a reputable source, like TSA. You will get weight and spine matched shafts that don't vary. You buy 12 shafts and you get 12 arrows in the end. You can dye the shafts with any kind of water or alcohol based dye. I use leather dye. Then simply wipe 4-5 coats of Minwax gloss poly on each and fletch them with Duco cement.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline ajbruggink

• Aaron Bruggink, Oostburg, WI, USA
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2018, 08:11:01 pm »
If you can only make it for one day, which day would you go on?
I have been approved for taking May 24-27 off from work, so where does that leave me now?

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2018, 08:22:35 pm »
I'd say that now leaves ya "sittin' pretty".   ;)

:BB      :OK      (-S      :OK      (SH)      :OK      (=)      :OK      -C-
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline ksnow

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2018, 10:56:06 am »
If you can only make it for one day, which day would you go on?
I have been approved for taking May 24-27 off from work, so where does that leave me now?

I'd say leave first thing Thursday morning, get through Chicago before rush hour, and pull in just before lunch. Come ready to have fun, meet great people and learn a ton. Brings lots of arrows for the jug shoot, and cool stuff for Friday night' trade. Saturday is potluck, so bring a dish to pass.

Kyle

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2018, 11:46:58 am »
Aaron that sounds great. Do like Kyle said. I don't want to build this up so much that you'll be disappointed, but I really don't think I could do that anyway. I really think you're going to like it. Hopefully the weather cooperates but even if it doesn't it just gets more people together in the pavilion. If you've got friends or family interested bring them to. Can't wait to see you all
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2018, 07:28:42 am »
So, now we will have TWO cheezheads at our party..........yippy.........:)

Offline ksnow

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2018, 07:49:59 am »
Well Pearl, there'll actually be 4 at a minimum. Aaron, my dad, anot her young one Jacob Bulitz and myself.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2018, 07:23:52 am »
I look forward to meeting them and seeing you and the ol' man again. I need to make a swap for one of his wing bones calls.

Offline ksnow

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2018, 01:12:52 pm »
He's got a whole bag of calls ready to go. He's an easy trader also, shouldn't be too tough to talk him out of one.

I can't wait for May to get here. I am already getting stuff together.

Kyle

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2018, 02:38:12 pm »
I've been thinking about trade blanket goods since the last one ended. I came unprepared to that party. Not so this year.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2018, 08:25:33 am »
Yep Drums, I hope to bring a bit more Gusto to the blanket this year also.  That was fun.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI