Author Topic: Floridians can't handle Pythons???  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Zuma

Floridians can't handle Pythons???
« on: November 07, 2017, 02:26:57 pm »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline GlisGlis

Re: Floridians can't handle Pythons???
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 06:16:48 am »
there are some serious bow backing in that pythons  (A)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:43:56 am »
They work cheap. The rest of us have a real job.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:52:17 am »
And what do they do with once it's caught?  Is it relocated?  :laugh:
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 11:28:47 am »
They gotta be killing them, right? I think this is the time to reinstate government hunters. Get these guys from India to train them. A quick shot in the head with a 12 gauge and leave them for the gators. Either that or a bounty system. That seemed to work for other predators.
After that rant unless they can come up with a disease that only targets Reticulated Pythons there is little to no chance to eliminate them now. Like hogs. We've built this new nature, now we have to live with it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 11:33:37 am »
Might as well utilize the skins and possibly the meat.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 12:05:43 pm »
True. Python leather should be nice. I can't see steaks being a big favourite though.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 12:42:26 pm »
Need a trend that the hides are a must have item and the meat is a delicacy and watch have fast they disappear. Beaver hides are at a all time low as far as fur prices, and an all time high for populations, A few yrs back beaver brought $40 avg. per hide. I can hump a lot of swamp and skin beav for $40. Don't under estimate your avg Fla. cracker, put a $100 price tag on them pythons and  they will be screaming about them goin extinct.  :o -C- Bob

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 12:58:16 pm »
I think they have been declared an invasive species by USFWS, and they are, as well as being rather dangerous.  The meat is probably edible, rattlesnake is considered a delicacy, and seeks for a hellacious price.  A pair of imported Python cowboy boots probably will set you back about $300. Hand made, of course! 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:18 pm »
Hawk, the meat maybe a delicacy and boots expensive but how much are the python hunters getting? I say up the ante and watch em disappear. Bob (=)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 06:31:53 pm »
I agree with that!  Don't know much about snakes, but the hunters would be out there after them, with a sizable bounty!  Especially with a fair price for hides and meat!  It would probably work with hogs, too, although a lot of folks are very leary about wild pork.  More liberal hunting policies would help the hog problem.  Out of state hunters are not going to pay ridiculous fees to hunt a problem animal!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Zuma

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 09:00:14 pm »
Glis
thanks for the photo. It illistrates how silly the need for dogs
or foreigners are. Unless Floridians are blind or don't give a crap.

Mark, no info as yet on that. Perhaps some government program will pay to
send them back with the Indian folks.

DC  Simplicity is not a way with beureaucrats.

Pat I agree an auction perhaps

Bada bing bada bang Bob
Don't under estimate your avg Fla. cracker, put a $100 price tag on them pythons and  they will be screaming about them goin extinct.  :o -C-Bob

Dancer I agree with your post 100 percent

On a search I learned a FL python had like 4 times the lead in it's body than a FL gator
They didn't say how many gators the snake ate. Most likley 4 lol
Garden stuffed deer, stuffed into gator by predation. Deer gator stuffed into Python.
Redneck heaven
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 09:49:35 pm »
Got to teach them gators to like snake meat >:D!  Not sure but I think they are mutual predators.  There was a news release a while back that showed a python trying to swallow a gator - they both lost!!  The chaps from India are probably professionals, wonder how many other pythons they've caught!  A lot, I hope!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 10:03:25 pm »
Unfortunately the pythons are eating the gators. Maybe they will help control the hog population.  (-_)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Parnell

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 06:43:39 am »
Had the students reading about them in class.

The population ecologists are stating that since python introduction the whitetail population has decreased down here 94%.

They are turning the biomass into baby pythons.  Shoot, hire an army of Indian hunters and kill 'em all.

I wish them good luck in making any actual progress...there will still just be a steady supply of new breeding stock from the dolts that think reptiles make for pets.  ESPECIALLY in S Florida! ??? ::)

Can't fix stupid.

1’—>1’