Author Topic: Two TD-ELB Stylish Bows  (Read 228 times)

Offline Lehtis

Two TD-ELB Stylish Bows
« on: November 10, 2017, 03:57:25 am »
Greetings from Finland!
Dark autumn evenings and some spare time to spend... To make (flight) travelling easier I decided to make a couple of TD bows for myself. The project started by selecting suitable timber from my workshop corners and I made the sticks 4 cm wide and 1 m long. Both bows will have Hickory back, ca. 5-6 mm thick. One bow will have ca. 5 mm Cumaru core and Osage Orange belly. The other one will have ca. 5 mm Osage Orange core and Bulletwood (= Massaranduba) belly. I glued the parts with Unibond 800 and squeezed them together with rubber stripes cut from bicyckle tubes. I bended the nock ends ca. 7 cm upwards. After couple of days curing I narrowed the limbs to 30 mm wide and now they are waiting for the metallic connector pieces to be fitted on. Until then...

Offline Lehtis

Re: Two TD-ELB Stylish Bows
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:18:19 pm »
Some progress... Connector pieces fitted and glued with slow Araldite. Limbs ca. 27 mm outside of the connector pieces. Next to draw the string line and saw out the limb shape...

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 04:52:18 am »
Looking good. Can't wait to see the completed bows.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Lehtis

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:59:58 am »
Thanks, Pat.

Now the connecting pieces fitted and limbs band sawn to proper width.

Offline PEARL DRUMS/PEARLY/PD/DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:53:09 am »
Very clean work. I appreciate that.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.