Author Topic: Where to practice outside of Denver?  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Where to practice outside of Denver?
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:03:45 pm »
Got to Golden, CO last week and after being sick for a couple days(possible severe altitude sickness or heat stroke) I’m feeling better and my girlfriend has already pushed me through a couple good little hikes. We’re now turning to where in the heck can we shoot our bows? Everything close seems to be private or has rules saying no. We used to just go walk and shoot stumps and pine cones. Anyone else down here by golden/lakewood/West Denver that knows where to shoot? Indoor or out.

Thanks!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Where to practice outside of Denver?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 05:43:03 am »
Man Tracker that stinks. Sure hope you find some place close and handy. I'm really am so fortunate and believe me I know it. Really feel for all you guys and gals that have this problem. Sure I'd be in trouble for violating the rules if you know what I mean. Good Luck
Bjrogg
PS I wanna say Hawkdancer said he's not that far from Denver but not sure if I'm remembering that right. Also not sure how far not that far is.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Where to practice outside of Denver?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 11:35:00 am »
Tracker,
Not sure about Golden, west Denver area. Call CPW (Colorado Parks and Wildlife), there are several indoor ranges in that area, as well as outdoor, I think .  Bass Pro shops and Cabela's may also have info.  Roy Poole is a Hunter Ed instructor and I think has his own shop, I will pm his contact info.  Further north Archery in the Wild in Longmont has an indoor range, and I think there is one in theThornton, Westminster, or Broomfield area.  We are in Loveland, up I-25, Big Thompson Bowhunters maintains an outdoor range at the Lon Hagler State Wildlife Area(SWA), with free public access.  Exit 255, then west about 7 miles to County Road 21, left(south) about 1/2 mile to the road back to the range.  Has kd  butts, about 24 animal profiles, and broad head pits with 50+ yards available,  Be glad to have you come up and shoot with you!  Pm sent.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry