Author Topic: Gettin back in....  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Yard Dog

Gettin back in....
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:50:51 pm »
Been out of the loop for awhile.. Thinkin about getting back to traditional..... Been gun hunting, and I just don't feel the same... went back to compound.... nope....... My osage bow that I made to hunt with is 54#... kinda stout for me nowdays.... So, I have 1 osage stave that I saved from 2003.... texted my buddy, who was saving some that we cut.... I thought he burned them.... He says I have 4 more staves over there...... :)..... I owe him a bow for saving my staves for 14 years.... THAT, my friends is a true buddy !!!  lol.. and then, it's game on !! I still have a metal sleeve take down osage from that same haul that is 45#.... made from a split billet.. twisty, but, twisty in opposite directions .. so the string is still mid-handle..

Offline Yard Dog

Re: Gettin back in....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 11:02:00 pm »
Also... Where do you guys store photos for posts ?? It use to be Photobucket... What's good now ?

Offline Morgan

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 11:40:31 pm »
Welcome back... Sounds like you got a good plan! All I have is my phone and I use an image sizing app.

Offline Yard Dog

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 11:41:57 pm »
Thanks... I look forward to gettin back in..

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 07:06:00 am »
Try Imgur for photo storage.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Yard Dog

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 07:04:08 pm »
Okay, thanks Pat

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 08:18:53 pm »
Why in the world would anybody attach "stored" photos from a 3rd party site when you can just attach them from your own computer?????????????????????????????????
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 09:45:53 pm »
Because PA doesn't have the storage room and eventually will have to be cleaned out.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 07:14:29 am »
Welcome back, Yard Dog. Enjoy. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Yard Dog

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 08:16:10 pm »
George....... You were the one that first helped me... Prolly woulda been around 2001....I had a different handle then... it wouldn't let me log in, so I made a new one... You sent me a black locust stave to learn on... I am forever grateful to you !!! You were patient, and would always messege me back with your great advice.... I would have given up, if it wasn't for your encouragement !!! I ended up breaking that bow, but had enough left to make my son a bow... so, that was perfect.... I learned a lot from that one, and went on to make several osage and hickory bows... gave some to my friends, and kept a couple.... Killed a deer with a selfbow my first year trying... I have went full circle, I think... compound, gun....and back... Thank you, from the bottom of my heart !!! MUCH respect !!!! Mike
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:23:03 pm by Yard Dog »

Offline Yard Dog

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 08:14:53 pm »
There were so many valuable pics on here from years passed.... So much information... The photobucket thing really jacked us up !!! Is there any way to retrieve the pics ?? So many bow builds and questions.... A lot of folks, including myself were awfully proud of our creations, and when we had questions, we could put the pic up, and Jawge or Mickey, or someone would help...

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2017, 08:30:21 pm »
Mike, you are so welcome. Thanks for the kind words.
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Yard Dog

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 11:05:36 pm »
Ok... stave count is going up... Buddy stored 4 for me.. I have 2 here.... and another buddy was cleaning out his garage and gave me 3 more...... so.. I have enough osage to keep me busy... and we cut and split it.... about 2002... so, it should all be good and dry... lol... I have a lot of ash around me that needs cut, but looks like firewood... ash borers have been bad around here... Jawge... I may need your help identifying some wood... Girlfriend's house has a lot of trees that her neighbor calls locust... big, gnarly tres with heavy bark..... some drop pods... some have thorns..... some need cut... :)
 Dark heartwood....