Author Topic: Are there any Primitive Bowyer events near WY, MT, ID?  (Read 11038 times)

Offline GoatProIdaho

Re: Are there any Primitive Bowyer events near WY, MT, ID?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 10:35:28 am »
Hey all
New here but live in Bellevue ,Idaho and could definatly do an IdaJAM?!
Opportunities I can offer are packgoat adventures, bear hunting spot and stalk and of course packing and crafting self-bows arrows ???
End of May thru june 15 is ideal for all types of fun
Benji

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 02:19:43 pm »
Sorry folks one of the folks in charge is moving to Idaho so they have decided there will not be an event this year

Buckeye is this in regards to the Montana event?

Yep they cancelled for this year but as many folks as there are out that way y'all should be able to put something together
My Facebook group has several in that general area if you want we ca n put a post on it to see if you can get some help
Just need someone to step up and lead it
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 10:03:36 pm »
Guy,
Please do post it, there are a number of folks that may be interested.  I was hoping the guys in Utah would step forward as they are more or less central to the region.  I don't do well on the phone, so I would beg off trying to put on a shindig, rendezvous, or jam, and I am 500 plus miles from center - physically, and a few too many hard landings >:D!  I would help out, however.  I was thinking western Colorado, eastern Utah, SW Wyoming, may have some suitable sites.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 01:13:44 pm »
Hey all
New here but live in Bellevue ,Idaho and could definatly do an IdaJAM?!
Opportunities I can offer are packgoat adventures, bear hunting spot and stalk and of course packing and crafting self-bows arrows ???
End of May thru june 15 is ideal for all types of fun
Benji

Hello and welcome to PA.

Im still very interested with meeting up with members here for a Jam.  In April i will be relocating to Missoula, so its gonna be a little bit before i can get a job, apartment, and all settled in.  After things calm a bit ill see if theres a good location for a meet nearby.  If anyone comes up with something between now and then ill try my best to take a day or 2 off and make it!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 02:47:17 pm »
Missoula is 10 hours from me.  You are welcome to come out to 2018 Turkey Camp.  We'll be free camping on Black Hills National Forest land with no running water, electricity, or comfort plumbing.  Fetch along a bedroll or sleeping bag, a tent (or mooch space with someone if you can stand their snoring), and a set of eating utensils.  I bring the camp kitchen and do all the cooking. Nobody has complained much yet, except that one jack hole that whined that I shoulda warned him there was gonna be pie so's he coulda saved room. But he shut up when I put him down to bed with his binky, the crybaby.

We skipped last year (sore spot with me and I don't wanna talk about that whole flustercluck), but we'll be back at the spot we were two years ago. It's west of the Crazy Horse Monument if you wanna scan some aerial maps for the lay of the land.  Rolling hills with mixed stands of pine and open meadows.  There were three turkey roosts within half a mile of camp, we had elk and deer tracks in the trail 20 yards from the kitchen one morning, and one afternoon after a huge lunch and persons were half asleep and loafing, we had a flock of turkey (all hens) come within a bowshot of camp. 

If you want to hunt, out of state tags are $100. Camp cost is just your share of the groceries.  I buy in bulk, watch for sales, and cook from scratch, so per person for the 5 days it is typically $35-40.  You are required to buy your own beverages, however, this year I will be brewing a batch of Caribou Slobber, an American brown ale.  Expect to show proper I.D.

Based on the signed affadavits of Primitive Tim (former attendee of turkey camp) and Ryan Gill (hopefully future attendee of camp), GoatPro is invited, too!  Feel free to bring your goats, too. Except the sleeve eating reprobate (Elvis?), there have to be SOME standards, after all.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline GoatProIdaho

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2018, 08:49:13 pm »
Whoohoo
Thanks for the invite JW!
Im headn to OJAM then up to NE for turks end of March
Whens Turkey camp in SD?!
Id love to join if I can and leave Elvis for sheds and bears back home:)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 12:00:03 am »
JW,
Are those tags for 1 bird(Tom)?  Got to mount some broad heads anyway and practice a heck of a lot!  Got makings for a "fast" ale that might go well.  Is it mainly " tent camping" or is there room for self contained tin tipis?  And generator?  I'm good either way.  Got more tents than sense! >:D. Just have to remember to not pitch the tent where the moose want to walk through!   I have been known to grill a mean piece of meat!   Would like to see a jam of some sort in our region. 
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 02:41:04 pm »
Whoohoo
Thanks for the invite JW!
Im headn to OJAM then up to NE for turks end of March
Whens Turkey camp in SD?!
Id love to join if I can and leave Elvis for sheds and bears back home:)

The season runs April 14 - May 20.  Official dates for Turkey Camp will be the last week of season, May 16-20, but I should have the bare bones set up the weekend before.

JW,
Are those tags for 1 bird(Tom)?  Got to mount some broad heads anyway and practice a heck of a lot!  Got makings for a "fast" ale that might go well.  Is it mainly " tent camping" or is there room for self contained tin tipis?  And generator?  I'm good either way.  Got more tents than sense! >:D. Just have to remember to not pitch the tent where the moose want to walk through!   I have been known to grill a mean piece of meat!   Would like to see a jam of some sort in our region. 
Hawkdancer

Yeah, that tag gets you one bearded bird.  So long as your tin teepee isn't too big, we got a spot to park it that is even fairly level!  And I know what you mean about a jam, but we are so bloody far from any real population center that getting anyone to attend would be tough.  We have a statewide traditional archery group and the few times they have had the event in the Black Hills it was poorly attended even by the people from the state!

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 01:48:42 pm »
This sounds awesome JW, thanks for the invite to the event.  Just got hired at a new job in Missoula.  I told them i would need time off for hunting season.  If i can get off for these dates in May ill be there at Turkey Camp to meet you guys!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 10:06:56 pm »
Forgot to ask, is this a "stag" camp?  Don't want to invite the lady into a bunch of old reprobates, or young ones, either for that matter!!! >:D.  Also bows, only, or can I claim an old guy privilege and use a shotgun?  Haven't gotten a turkey either way so it doesn't matter much(but I won't bring a wheelie >:D)!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 02:03:36 pm »
This sounds awesome JW, thanks for the invite to the event.  Just got hired at a new job in Missoula.  I told them i would need time off for hunting season.  If i can get off for these dates in May ill be there at Turkey Camp to meet you guys!

Excellent!

Forgot to ask, is this a "stag" camp?  Don't want to invite the lady into a bunch of old reprobates, or young ones, either for that matter!!! >:D.  Also bows, only, or can I claim an old guy privilege and use a shotgun?  Haven't gotten a turkey either way so it doesn't matter much(but I won't bring a wheelie >:D)!
Hawkdancer

Camp is open to anyone regardless of how their plumbing works. I also do not limit people to primitive archery only.  It is more about the passion for ETHICAL hunting than anything else. The only thing I ban in camp is pushing your politics or religion and drunkenness.  In all three cases it is a safety issue...lots of edged weapons, guns, bows, etc and those three things do not mix well with them!

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 09:22:54 pm »

Camp is open to anyone regardless of how their plumbing works. I also do not limit people to primitive archery only.  It is more about the passion for ETHICAL hunting than anything else. The only thing I ban in camp is pushing your politics or religion and drunkenness.  In all three cases it is a safety issue...lots of edged weapons, guns, bows, etc and those three things do not mix well with them!

HAHA! (lol)  I dont know if i can make it now that i am both an activities guide and housing manager at the new ranch im working at.  I do hope yall post pictures/stories, i can already tell yall are gonna have an amazing group of folks.