Author Topic: Snow  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Stoker

Re: Snow
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 08:22:04 am »
That's some good bears.. Lots of grease for boots, patch lube and makes the best pie crust
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Zuma

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 05:25:35 pm »
They shot 3 that are over 500#  in the next county to ours, One was 700# live weight according to the check station, that's a lot of BEAR to move. Bob
Holy moly that's some biguns, Is this  a normal yearly harvest or there special circumstances?

Jeb--- Fantastic
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 09:42:41 pm »
Don, this is a yearly season hunt. I believe the state record is over 800#. We have excellent feed for bears most yrs. Most yrs. they kill 1300 on opening day of rifle, This yr only 600 on opening  day due to extremely heavy all day rains and thick fog in mountains, The females go into hibernation first and the males just keep feeding until the source of food  is gone then hibernate. A lot of farms leave there corn stand until real cold dry weather, it cost money to dry corn so they let mother nature do it. Bears in the Ag areas are corn fat big. Bob

Offline Zuma

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 10:40:46 pm »
WOW
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 06:32:53 am »
Those are some big Teddies Bob. Make a good sized rug. I've never hunted bear but one of my brothers has. He cooked some up for Thanksgiving one year and it was quite good. It was just a boo boo compared to those.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 08:21:32 am »
They shoot a lot of the little ones here also. and they probably are the better table fare. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 07:26:07 am »
Wished we could get some snow around here, We may get a little in Dec. to hunt in but it is usually Feb. or March anymore before we get snow. ???  Congrats Jeb, very nice job and love the history behind it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 09:05:29 am »
Pappy, be careful of what ya wish for, a little snow can go a long ways. A little Erie history 1956 Thanksgiving day we had 2' of snow and they still talk about it today. I remember Dad getting out and put the chains on the ole Chevy, We made it 15 miles home but a lot folks ended up stay at there relatives. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Bob

Offline JEB

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 09:24:17 am »
We average 93 inches a year. I live at a T intersection and about 3 block from Lake Michigan. The winds are what are bad for us.  We either get lit up or not much at all. Some years I snow blow the driveway 3 times a day and sometimes 3 times a season.  The big lake dictates our weather.  I would like a little snow for our up coming muzzle loader season.