Author Topic: My favorite holiday.  (Read 2677 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
My favorite holiday.
« on: November 23, 2017, 07:23:49 am »
I know the whole world doesn't celebrate it but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love getting together to give thanks and enjoy friends and family. It's a special day at my Dads with a fantastic meal , the Lions football game and maybe even a little hunting. To my extended PA family Happy Thanksgiving.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: My favorite holiday.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:27:05 am »
Back at you BJ.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 07:34:47 am »
I agree, BJ. Enjoy every minute you get with your family today. And lets hope the Lions can serve us dessert.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 07:48:50 am »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Enjoy the day with your family.   Eat some turkey for those of us who have to work today  :(
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 07:57:26 am »
Thanks Pappy.
Thanks Clint I'll eat enough for both of us. Then I'll take a good nap for us both to.lol. Seriously though we both have a lot to be thankful for.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 08:10:21 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. My family is scattered all over the country so today Marcia and I will have Thanksgiving dinner with friends. Meredith(our daughter) will be here for Christmas so we'll celebrate then. She actually has to work today anyway.
So to all my American friends and PA family here I wish you all Happy Thanksgiving. To everyone else around the world, you don't know what you're missing,  More food that anyone should eat in a week.  :o   :G
 Lots of new fletching should be available soon.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 09:57:32 am »
Many Thanks for all of you and for keeping traditions alive. Thanksgiving for me is everyday I can celebrate breath in the morning, creation throughout the day and friends!

Offline JEB

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 11:10:11 am »
For 30 years of military and public service I didn't see many holidays so now after retirement, they are ALL very special to me.

Turkey and the Lions (who play likes turkeys). It don;t get any better.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 11:44:05 am »
Yes, happy thanksgiving to all here. I’ve Got a 25 lb bird in the smoker and my lovely wife is making all the fixings. My family is healthy and present. So much to be thankful for.
Whether you celebrate this day or not, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 02:36:09 pm »
You all are most likely sitting down to a nice big spread.
I just had a tomato sandwich. Now it's not that bad.
I can be thankful also for the pain in my shoulders, back and calves 
LOL just joshin. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Zuma -C- -C-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:19:11 pm by Zuma »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JEB

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 03:50:40 pm »
Son,daughter in law and 5 grand kids came down from the woods where they live to have dinner.  The kids get one channel on the TV and hardly watch that and they are home schooled so they really don't get out much.  I have the Dish network and the kids were going thru the channels and saw the Three Stooges was on. Having never watched that show I told them go ahead. I never laughed so hard, not at the show but at the grand kids laughing at the show.  This just made my day with the kids.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 07:12:19 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline DC

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 07:20:22 pm »
Ours was two weeks ago and i'm still trying to work off the five pounds I gained. Happy Thanksgiving.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 07:21:45 pm »
Happy thanksgiving to all my friends! Im always looking forward to the next time we get to see each other.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 09:36:28 pm »
A Happy Thanksgiving to all in the PA family, I hope all had a good day!  Watching the Giants/Redskins, didn't see the other games, worked  on my bow bench a bit(that is a tale in itself).  Remember our men and women in the services who are in harm's way around the world!  Had good food and good day with friends.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry