Author Topic: Good Luck Michigan Guys !  (Read 3528 times)

Offline chamookman

Good Luck Michigan Guys !
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:05:53 am »
Today is the start of Our Muzzle Loader Season. The Trade Gun is tuned up and ready to ventilate a Deer  :-D + I have a Bonus either Sex tag for the Shiawassee State Game area Dec. 6th - 12th too. Keep Yer Powder dry & watch Yer top-knot  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Good Luck Michigan Guys !
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:34:44 am »
 Set of Luck Bob, enjoy the hunt
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 11:03:26 am »
Best of luck hunting!  Didn't get to fire a shot here.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Chiefs50

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 02:46:07 pm »
The Muzzleloader Season in da U.P. was unproductive as usual.  After being pursued for months during the Early Antlerless, Liberty, Independence, Archery (including unrestricted crossbow use), and Regular Firearm seasons, the deer are few and the remaining Bucks mostly nocturnal.  Large numbers of deer are also killed annually by farmers claiming crop damage.  Over the past six or seven years our camp of five or six veteran hunters have managed to kill only an average of a little more than one buck a year during the regular gun season.  The two or three of us foolish enough to venture out with the smoke poles in December have seen very few deer and harvested none.  Although I went out with my smoothbore flintlock this season, the only shots I took were with my camera.