Author Topic: Big Boy  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Big Boy
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:41:50 pm »
I went for a walk behind the house this morning to see what was moving around and came across these tracks not more than 60 yards from my shop, I used my size 13 boot for reference

Not a really big one but he did do this further back

I know there are at least 2 of them back there as I was out near the Beaver pond, which is a couple hundred yards from my house, a few days ago and came across 2 beds in the snow.  I'm inclined to think the beds were of a cow and calf and he is hanging around because of them
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Zuma

Re: Big Boy
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 06:16:57 pm »
Good gracious, It's been near and over 60 here the last few days. Brrre  (S)
I know this is not the first time.  :-D  Are there shrubs or something at your place they
like to snack on? -C- -C-  Some nice young willows. (-P  Pics finnaly loaded. I see his scrape.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline sleek

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 06:28:20 pm »
So, when can I come over? :D (SH) :-D
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 06:29:20 pm »
Looks like a good imprint to Marc. No sliding around there. That's some big hooves.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 09:46:31 pm »
Last week there was 4" of snow on the ground.  Right now they are feeding on Maple buds and small twigs.  I saw several small trees broken in half with the ends of the branches missing, the Moose stand up on their hind legs, grab the top branches and break the tree when they come down. 

So, when can I come over? :D (SH) :-D

When do you want to come over  (S)  :D
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline sleek

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 05:13:38 pm »
With critters like that in your yard.... hows hunting season sound? Lol. But for real, im not certain. Have to pm you about it.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 07:10:16 am »
Yup, that's a big boy. When I was living up in Vermont I once came upon a bull around this time of year while I was walking alone in the woods.  :o

Let's just say he wasn't too happy to see me. Gave me a snort and bit of a mock charge. If I were you, I'd be walking around with that 135# bow you just made, arrow nocked, just in case! )P(
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb