Author Topic: Another new story teller  (Read 2997 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Another new story teller
« on: December 07, 2017, 02:13:14 pm »
Just got my mail and a new copy of PA magazine. I kinda knew Kyle was thinking about writing a article and I'm glad he decided to do so. Nice article Ksnow. It's cold out now but that story just warmed me right up and made me realize it's time to start getting ready for the 25th Marshall Primitive Archer Meet. Can't wait to see you all. My first experience was very similar to Kyle's and I still have a hard time believing what a great bunch of guys, girls and kids attend this event. It's the highlight of my year and both my wife and I very much look forward to it. If you've never been there and can anyway possibly make it, I'd highly recommend it. Young or old male or female any race any experience level. It's a good time and a invaluable experience.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Another new story teller
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:17:13 pm »
Yep, good read.
 :OK      (-P      :OK

... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:19:29 pm »
I haven't got a chance to read it yet.  I just got it today. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 02:26:11 pm »
Quite a few good articles this month. The interview with Clint was a good one, also.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 02:32:57 pm »
I think you'll like it Clint. I just read Buffalogobblers interview with Clint. It was pretty good to. Even made you seem like a all right guy Clint.lol. Just kidding Osage I agree with you the best thing that's happened from all of this Primitive Archery stuff has been the great people I've meet. Really didn't see that one coming but it sure does seem to draw a great bunch of people.
Bjrogg
Your right Eddie and I haven't looked it all over. I don't know if any other new story tellers but I knew Kyle was

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 06:50:17 pm »
That's the best part, I agree the folks you meet.  :) (AT) :-K )F( -C- (S)
 Even if it's a close talker that comes between you,
Eddie and Roger, ;D
Our  local gang at House Mountain are a terrific lot also.
Here's hoping you have a great time at Marshall BJ  :)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Online ksnow

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 07:36:59 pm »
Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. Words are hard to find sometimes to describe the feel of events like these. This hobby, passion, has introduced me to amazing people. I truly enjoyed every minute at Marshall, and can't wait until next year.

Kyle

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 09:06:39 pm »
OK!  Enlighten me and point me in the right direction to which Marshall,  MI?; MO, I know where it is!; Mn?; OH?   Sounds like a really nice gathering!   (=) -C- (SH) :NN (AT). And fun and learning for everybody!   Any of those is a 2 day haul at my age.  More info later?
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Online ksnow

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 09:51:59 pm »
The article was about the Marshall, MICHIGAN rendezvous. Missouri is on my wishlist, even though I'm sure this 'Sconsin boy will melt in that heat.

Kyle

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:13 pm »
I got my issue in the mail today. All I've had a chance to read is Clint's interview with Kevin(another good interview Kevin, keep it up) and my letter to the editor about found feathers.  I'll read more tomorrow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 06:20:39 am »
Just got mine.Some very good articles in there.I'll have to read farther on on all of them.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 08:48:44 am »
Just got mine.Some very good articles in there.I'll have to read farther on on all of them.

I agree Ed some really good articles. So far I've Had a hard time putting it down. So far I've read Kyle's story about Marshall, Kevin's interview of Clint, Bill's story about his Texas Javelin hunt and Mike Yancey Dream hunt in Africa. They where all very well written entertaining articles. Thanks for sharing them everyone.
Bjrogg

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 11:54:40 am »
Kyle,
If you don't melt, you have to worry about the skeeters carrying you off!  Sometimes it cools off to 75 or 80 at night down there!  That's why I am in Colorado!  But the fishing is good, and they get more deer tags!  MI sounds like a bit cooler, probably skeeters the same size!  Keep the deer makers in business.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JEB

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 09:19:20 am »
YUP, another good issue. Wife and I hope to make it back this coming year.  I used to attend bear (target) shoots there back in the late 70's. out on by the Michigan Bow Hunters organization.  Lot of history at that club.