Author Topic: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!  (Read 7639 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
« on: December 08, 2017, 09:06:20 am »
We got our first snow of the season this morning. They are calling for about 2" but by Sunday it will all be gone. We don't often get snow here(we're in the shadow of the mountains) so we love every flake we get. It sure is beautiful.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Parnell

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 09:14:56 am »
Pretty Pat.  Only gonna be a high of 60 here on Sunday!  I'm going hunting.
1’—>1’

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:19:00 am »
That's all I'd like to see ever again LOL (S) (S) (S)
Glad you are enjoying it Pat. Folks are slippin and sliding
all over AL and MS. Be careful driving after dark if you go
Christmas caroling
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 09:23:01 am »
Even San Antanio TX. is getting snow this morning.
We don't drive in the snow except for emergencies which rarely occur. We just stay home, go for walks and enjoy the beauty.   (S)   (=)
 Steve, sounds like a good plan. Good luck.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 09:29:30 am »
Pat, that's about how much snow we got up here, but the temp went down last nite to a balmy 16 degrees without the wind chill, supposed to start with the lake effect stuff all weekend and first part of next week, They have been wrong before so I quess will just keep on doing our normal stuff. Bob

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 10:17:16 am »
We get bunches of the stuff and I still love it all. I'm a northern guy to the core :) We have yet to get anything more than a trace. I'm  ready for 4-6" of it so I can chase bunnies around.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 10:53:15 am »
We get bunches of the stuff and I still love it all. I'm a northern guy to the core :) We have yet to get anything more than a trace. I'm  ready for 4-6" of it so I can chase bunnies around.

Me to Pearl as long as the wind dies down some I just love winter and snow. Lots of things to do in it. I'm ready for the wind to calm down a bit though, it's been blowing all day and night for about a week now. I guess that's why they put all these windmills up here. 25 degrees no wind and sunny with a few inches of fresh snow is absolutely beautiful.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline sleek

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 11:01:22 am »
Up here in Toronto we have had several dustings. Im hoping for a good one soon. Its been cold for sure and the wind doesnt help at 0500 when im up walking my dog. This will be my first winter this far north east.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 11:15:23 am »
Both Marcia and I could live in snow country. Growing up is Savannah we didn't have much snow. In 1993 we had a blizzard here with extreme temps(almost 0) and 18"+ of snow. We thoroughly enjoyed our walks in the woods, out dogs love it too and even out black cat was out in it. He would jump from foot print to foot print screaming as we went.  (S)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 11:35:59 am »
We normally about 14" by now - had about 5" in early October, still got green grass.  We are overdue.  I think we are going after bunnies this weekend any way, or out to the range. 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline DC

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 11:38:37 am »
I'm a Canuck that hates the snow. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 11:42:34 am »
I always liked how nice and quiet it can get in the woods at those times.We hav'nt had much here yet either but I'm sure will get our fair share soon.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 12:36:11 pm »
Supposed to get into the 30's here in the Swamp, Sunday, 40's at my house. I think I'm going to try and hunt this weekend.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Stoker

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 01:16:51 pm »
I'm with Chris.. Love the snow My dog pearl goes crazy in it.. I got a snowblower 2' no problem, that's why they make horsepower.. Christmas eve is the best snow..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 01:29:48 pm »
Well, 4 hours later and still snowing. Looks like 4" to 5" on the porch rail...