Author Topic: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!  (Read 7643 times)

Offline JEB

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 02:15:04 pm »
You got a good dose of it Pat. We got 4" yesterday but we average 6 feet of it thru out the winter so it is just a start for us.  I spoke with my buddy who lives in San Antonio just this  morning and they also got 4"  last night. It shut the town down. He said hardly anything was open.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 03:10:34 pm »
Yeah, even Galveston Beach got snow today as well as Baton Rouge.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »
Thanks for shareing that deck photo. Totally beautiful.
I am sitting beside the wood stove with a toddy. (=) (=)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 04:24:54 pm »
I brought out the dried red oak for the fire this afternoon and tonight. We heat exclusively with wood and IMO red oak is the best over all.    (=)  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 05:40:30 pm »
LOL Me too )W( )W( )-w( )-w( (=) (=)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 09:22:38 pm »
I'm in Bryan, TX. I don't know how much we got here because it was melting almost as fast as it fell. The ground was warm, and the air was barely freezing. In spite of that we still had two inches of it on our car and truck this morning. This was the first time a snowflake has been seen here since 1997. Everybody here, adults and all, played in it like little kids. I like to see a little of it, but I do not like to have to drive on it among unskilled drivers. In GA one time I saw people with chains on the back wheels of front wheel drive cars. People who never or almost never drive in it are dangerous.

WA

Offline chamookman

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 02:07:53 am »
Thanks for sharing Pat - We're sposed to get an inch or so today here in Mid-Michigan. Damn wind needs to quit blowing tho - seems like it's been steady 10 - 20 or better for Months  (W ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 05:41:36 am »
Probably have at least 6~8 inches on the ground here now.  We had to go to Ottawa on Tuesday and there was no snow left on the ground.  We got back yesterday afternoon to 4" on the ground and just before a major blizzard, I don't like driving when it's snowing. 

I also prefer Winter to Summer
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 06:36:21 am »
Here's what we woke up to this morning...

Me too, Marc. I also prefer winter and love it when we get a good snow. I don't drive in the snow but I do play in it.  (S)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 09:20:13 am »
Looks to be a good 5" for sure.Time to make a snowman I guess....lol,if you got kids around anyway.It could easily be you've got more snow coming in the future this year by the looks of things to come.More than likely to the north of you yet though.I just saw here same date  back in 2008 we got 16".Not this year....lol.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:41:01 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 10:41:48 am »
Ed, this was 10"+. I took a walk up in the woods behind the house with my dog Maggie. She's having a blast(our kid  ;) ). The Rhododendrons and Mountain Laurels, much of our understory, don't loose their leaves so trying to keep to our trails was a chore. By the time I got home I was sweating and out of breath. Even though it looks cold it is barely below freezing(30 to 31degs) so it doesn't take much to work up a sweat, especially since we always dress for the worst.
 Temps tonight will be around 19degs so the snow should be around a while.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 12:28:42 am »
That's the perfect snow for grouse tracking near evening.
Follow them till they burrow under. Take off your jacket and
ponce on them with it like a net. -C- -C-
We got some too. Just right for trackin deer fox etc )P(
Zuma

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 07:21:41 am »
A lot of the snow melted yesterday but it was 13 degrees this morning so what was left is crispy.  We got 10.5" on our front porch rail...

and this is what it looks like this morning...

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 07:45:30 am »
Yes that's a pretty good measurement of what you got there.Always the prettiest looking right after the snow.At least there was'nt a bunch of wind with it.Do you have a long driveway up to your yard?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 08:42:20 am »
1800' of gravel driveway and some of it never sees the sunshine.