Author Topic: Gun season/deer movement  (Read 2745 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Gun season/deer movement
« on: December 10, 2017, 07:53:27 am »
Well it always does this here.The gun season scares the be jesus out of the deer here and they hid the last few days.Starting to see a half dozen or so again this morning.It'll be a little tougher now that's for sure and I'm not going to be picky....lol.
My deer here if spooked take a while to come back around again.Lots of hunters here.Only one more season left this month.The late muzzle loader.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Gun season/deer movement
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:28:18 am »
Yup I know the feeling Ed. We used to have a little break between shotgun and muzzle loader but now their back to back. I've got a lot of pressure here. I haven't seen a deer in daylight hour in my property in quite some time. I'm still hoping they start coming out in the daytime again and like you I'm not going to be very picky, just going to be looking for a good shot.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline TimBo

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:04:16 pm »
I was planning to take some time off after gun season...I had been hoping to get out today, but didn't make it, so now the deer should really be calm when I do get out!  The deer movement changes and cold temperatures this time of year are definitely not my favorite.  It's hard to stay in shooting shape too.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 08:16:25 am »
Final season here in Iowa.The late muzzleloader season.A little quieter type gun season than the shotgun season being single shot guns.It's taken close to 2 weeks from shotgun season for these deer to relax a bit,and am still seeing bucks chase does here yet.A couple of 3 year old 8 point bucks looked like to me.One with a half rack too.Good numbers yet deer wise.Saw at least a dozen deer.They did'nt get em all.....lol.A bit chilly though.-10 F. this morning.Been practicing shooting with insulated gloves on.Always gets this way this time of year.Not much different once a person gets used to it.
BowEd
Ed

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 07:30:12 pm »
Same here Ed. They are starting to be more active in the daylight here now but dang it's brutal cold out. Ed do you shoot with a tab or glove? I use a tab and when it gets this cold I wear it over my insulated gloves. Works pretty good for me like that.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 07:40:21 am »
BJ...I shoot with the 3 finger glove.Weather like this I only use just the insulated glove itself alone.I don't use a bracer on my other arm any more.I have friends here that use a tab too though.
Seems just 1 shot from any gun though here spooks these deer for days but they do relax.
BowEd
Ed