Author Topic: Christmas Trade Received  (Read 12238 times)

Offline looper

Re: Christmas Trade Received
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 11:35:51 am »
I received an awesome set of 6 arrows from Jeffp51. I shot a few out of an Ed Scott bow, and I think they'll be a great match to that bow. They even match colorwise. Thanks so much Jeff. The turkeys better be wary this coming spring.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 12:52:52 pm »
Jeff,
The cd is original music that my wife Jac(k)ie wrote and performs the violin/fiddle parts, I wrote and preform the narratives except for one line.  The other musical parts are done by various artists from around the world.  Hopefully, an envelope with a small piece of elk hide will arrive, too.  Should be big enough for a couple of handles.  The wood is for whatever, knife scales, bow tips, etc..  We ran out of the original run of cd's, and dubbed some.  The download card is our current group, and is also original music
Hawkdancer. (Jerry Mc Connell)
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 05:15:44 pm »
Thank you to upstatenybowyer  :BB for the very cool package I received. (-S
I'll post some pics after Christmas. (SH)
(If the lack of a description is tickling your curiosity, the clue is in the description.)

Thanks again upstate!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 07:18:09 pm »
You're very welcome. I still can't believe it got there before Christmas!  :OK
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Zuma

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 08:58:05 pm »
My buddy Rob
You are a wonderful man. Merry Christmas Brother
Don
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 10:42:11 pm »
Looper, those arrows look good with that bow, and I am glad it made it in time for Christmas. They told me it would be there on the 26th.

Hawk, I received the elk skin, and I am sure I will have a use for it soon. The music was really neat, I am impressed by the talent, and I like the fiddle in it.  I put a couple of coats of oil on the bow rack and mounted it to the Wall in my "toy room". It looks really nice with some bows hanging from it.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 06:15:26 pm »
Got my bundle from UtahChippewa this afternoon.  Figured out the atlatl, darts, cholla, and feathers pretty quick.  The antler whatitis has frazzled my brain!  Hope the pics attach!

Jeff,
Glad the bow rack went to work so quick!

https://i.imgur.com/pvYAvAs_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Jerry

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 06:22:15 pm »
Hawk looks like a top bearing block for a bow drill. Bob

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 11:13:07 pm »
Bob,
That would explain the roller bearing!  Have to make a drill board and try it out
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline UtahChippewa

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 11:14:27 pm »
You nailed it Bob! Wear it around your neck and use the cord for the bow! Seems the hardest things to come up with are the bearing block and the cord
Knapping...
If you’re breakin’ You’re makin’
If you’re bleedin’  You’re succeedin’

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 08:30:44 pm »
I got a package in the mail today from Buffalogobbler it was some great game calls there was a boxcall made of poplar & American Chestnut a agate call with a carved antler striker a chicken wing yelper & a deer call. Thanks Kevin there great I can't wait to try them out. I'll try to get somebody to post some pics for me.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 03:40:11 pm »
I came home after a serious ruff day at work, in a bad mood, and there was a package for me in the garage. It's amazing how a thoughtful gift can really brighten a guy's day!

In the package was a beautiful customized rack and a whole bunch of really nice bamboo shafts...

Thank you very much Looper!  )P(
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline looper

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 03:59:04 pm »
I'm glad you like it. Be sure to take a pic of it once you get it mounted. The mounting holes are 32" on center, so you should be able to get a good solid attachment.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 09:35:25 pm »
We only have 4 more days before the shipping time is here. January 15!  Get on the stick, guys.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 07:41:48 am »
That is a cool bow rack, nice job guys.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.