Author Topic: broadheads... MA-3?  (Read 14735 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: broadheads... MA-3?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 11:17:45 pm »
Spare the Fence and just reshape them.......... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Cromm

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 09:06:59 pm »
Hi, The Howard Hill heads is my choice of hunting head at the moment. And i've heard that the hot melt glue can make the heads fall off when shooting into 3D targets because it gets warm and soft. So i've always used the 2 part epoxy but i have two sets of arrows. So i do not have to change the heads over.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »
okay, 2 part epxy got some of that. i saw the howard hill.. expensive. ;D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Cromm

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 09:59:33 pm »
Hi, Yeah but they have never bent or broken (so far) :-\. And i've taken Rabbit,Turkey,Deer and Boar with them. But you've got to use what feels best for you, that way you can mark it of the list of things you worry about when you are out there! I've got some great knapped heads which i am going to use this year made by Cowboy. I cannot wait to use them. :D :D ;D :D So i may be up for trading some Howard Hill heads???
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

brian melton

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 08:19:35 pm »

Nothin wrong with MA3's killed lots of deer with them..Never had a problem. Use a fine file FLAT as to make contact with two blades during each stroke, I could always get them razor sharp. I preffered the smaller of the 2 sizes they have, and three blades is better than two is my belief....

Brian

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 08:21:39 pm »
okay thanks for all the info. cromm yeah i could doa trade. aint got much but, couple tanned hides and feathers and hazel shafts.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 12:28:10 am »
 If you want to keep the heads from coming off, get a tap and die set and run the threader inside the head socket. Then hot glue it and screw it on or rasp the inside and hot glue it. There is no glue that is plastic or resin base that will bond permantly with metal except JB Weld. And it doesn't bond with wood.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 09:08:50 am »
kinda of thread it on, sounds good idea.
Modern Day Tramp

Minuteman

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 11:24:36 am »
Ya gotta degrease the inside of the ferrule so the glue can stick well. Little drop of soap and a q-tip swished inside 'em does the trick. I only lose points now when they are inside a tree!
 Can't go wrong with a Zwickey HT, they have a new chisel cut style head that I'm hearing good things about.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 01:13:12 pm »
okay thanks all these tips are great. :)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 05:31:05 pm »
Well I guess after this Morning.....I like the Magnus Snuffer 125 grains the Best....both flew true and took me Home 40 pounds worth of Tom Turkeys!!!!      :o :o :o
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:37:29 pm by yankeemongiat »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 06:25:56 pm »
yeah i guess they did work well didnt they. ;D
Modern Day Tramp

wannabemountainman

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 11:00:36 pm »
I've read a little bit on MA-3's. Said you get the things sharpened and they'll take the hair off your arms!

WBMM

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 11:43:51 pm »
as far as the magnus goes... i have found that if you buy magnuss scew ins at a disount store and use a torch and a couple pairs of pliers then you can get the screw in prtion out.... just sand the insides a little then glue em up with some gorilla glue... never failed me yet....
death by natural causes

Offline Titan_Bow

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 12:29:10 pm »
The best glue I have found for broadheads and points is that stuff 3rivers carries, called QuickStick hot melt.  It comes from Kimsha Archery I beleive.  Its a hot melt glue, but even when its cool, it has sort of a rubbery, gooey consistency.  It really holds points on well, and since I've been using it the last several years, I have not had any problems with points coming off at all. 
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by