Main Discussion Area > Around the Campfire

Share your tips and tricks.

<< < (2/19) > >>

DC:
Steaming in a plastic bag. I use this method all the time. I usually use bread bags but I'm doing most of a limb in this case so I used poly tube. Close the ends with a length of sewing elastic and cut a small hole in the bottom for drainage. Enlarge the hole to increase the steam flow. The bag should just inflate slightly.

bjrogg:
I like that DC. Thanks for sharing your tip. I'll remember it and try it for sure.
Bjrogg

upstatenybowyer:
DC, what's that white contraption that's producing the steam?

DC:
It's a clothes steamer. I found it at the thrift store for $5. A couple of weeks later I found another at a different store for $7. I think they are one of those things that get a big push on TV and everyone buys one. Then they find out they ain't that much use and off to the thrift store they go. It provides about an hour of steam. You can also use wallpaper strippers. Just look for anything that makes steam. You can fit a hose to an electric kettle. It doesn't have to take any pressure. Actually if the pressure builds up it probably means you're not getting enough flow to keep the temperature up.

osage outlaw:
I got a used wallpaper steamer a while back and it works great.  I'll never go back to the pan of water and tin foil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version