Author Topic: Archery symbols  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Archery symbols
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 07:47:13 am »
Another thing to remember is this tattoo thing is a fad, it will fade away over time like beatle haircuts, leisure suits, line dancing, beanie babies and Tickle Me Elmo dolls. This is the first major fad I have seen in my 70 years that you can't undo with a haircut, a change of clothes or taking up a different interest or hobby.

Most tattoos are horrendously poorly executed, the owners don't know this because they don't have any artistic ability. A rembrandt and the scribbling of a 6 year old look the same to them. I have artistic ability and can see what an abomination many of these tattoos are as far as art goes.

My advice as a crotchety old guy who has never been in lock step with the monkey see, monkey do kind of folk; I understand they are coming out with ink that will fade completely away in 5 years or so, wait for this ink, get your tattoo, keep it for 5 years and if you really like it alot after 5 years get permanently inked.

And no, I don't have any tats, every memory I cherish is firmly locked in my brain to be recalled anytime I want to reflect, I don't need any ink to remind me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:02:25 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 08:51:54 am »
I was in the Navy for 4 years, Coast Guard reserves for 6 and the Merchant Marine for 12. An historically "tattoo rich" environment... ;)
Having seen what tattoos look like after 40 years on folks, it may start as "Body Art", but the canvass will need re-stretching as it gets older.   ::)

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 01:59:08 pm »
The trick is, get so many tattoos that it just becomes one big one.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 02:02:37 pm »
Another thing to remember is this tattoo thing is a fad, it will fade away over time like beatle haircuts, leisure suits, line dancing, beanie babies and Tickle Me Elmo dolls. This is the first major fad I have seen in my 70 years that you can't undo with a haircut, a change of clothes or taking up a different interest or hobby.

Most tattoos are horrendously poorly executed, the owners don't know this because they don't have any artistic ability. A rembrandt and the scribbling of a 6 year old look the same to them. I have artistic ability and can see what an abomination many of these tattoos are as far as art goes.

My advice as a crotchety old guy who has never been in lock step with the monkey see, monkey do kind of folk; I understand they are coming out with ink that will fade completely away in 5 years or so, wait for this ink, get your tattoo, keep it for 5 years and if you really like it alot after 5 years get permanently inked.

And no, I don't have any tats, every memory I cherish is firmly locked in my brain to be recalled anytime I want to reflect, I don't need any ink to remind me.

Agree wholeheartedly! Guys with tats whatever, gals with tats......I just plain hate the look regardless of their natural beauty~!
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.