Author Topic: Double flutes with one strike and other parts of reduction  (Read 1202 times)

AncientTech

Double flutes with one strike and other parts of reduction
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:25:54 am »
I have been asked by an archaeologist to go to a site in Guatemala this summer, to help look at Mayan lithics.  Also, I have another archaeologist who just wrote and said that the signatures I am producing look more like "paleo" than anything else he has ever seen on the Facebook forum.  And, my work has aroused the attention of quite a few people in Europe, on account of my attempts at trying to link flintknapping with known evidence.  One person wrote that my tools like like they came right out of a museum.  The thirteenth person learned the Cushing flaking method.  Another person ended up reworking his chunky monkey preforms with the method.  We have people reworking stuff that they had previously given up on.  I have another person in Brazil who learned through Facebook.  He said that the technology is the best technology he has ever used on the hard stone, there.  I have another knapper who said that it is the best technology he has ever used for thinning wide bifaces, and he will never go back to anything else.  What is interesting is that the people who actually have shown the most difficulty in learning are the old knappers, not the new knappers.  I had predicted that this would happen... 

Anyway, here is a little bit of reduction photos in case anyone might be interested.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:58:53 am by AncientTech »

AncientTech

Re: Double flutes with one strike and other parts of reduction
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:26:57 am »
Overshot across the base

AncientTech

Re: Double flutes with one strike and other parts of reduction
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:28:04 am »
More deer tine flaking