Author Topic: Finsbury Archers Map of Targets article  (Read 4227 times)

Offline bookworm

Finsbury Archers Map of Targets article
« on: February 21, 2018, 07:03:25 am »
Saw this on Twitter. Interesting blogpost by the Bodleian Library at Oxford University about the Finsbury Archers map of their target grounds. Amazing detail in the map.
https://t.co/Ha3GAgE69d
"I was glad I could answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." - Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Re: Finsbury Archers Map of Targets article
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:36:03 pm »
Fascinating. That's a huge number of targets on an enormous range, love some of the target names. Wonder what made the maiden blush? Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:41:33 pm by stuckinthemud »

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:44:20 pm »
I didn't see anywhere how big this thing is. Do you happen to know?

Offline bookworm

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:22:35 am »
I’m afraid I don’t. Folded, it looks about the size of a legal pad to me. The post says it is small, and suggests you could fit it in a quiver, but no specific dimensions are listed.
"I was glad I could answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." - Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline bookworm

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:30:35 am »
Fascinating. That's a huge number of targets on an enormous range, love some of the target names. Wonder what made the maiden blush? Thanks for posting.

You’re welcome. I agree with you about the names. Theefe in the hedge must have been where a lot of arrows where lost, perhaps? I may borrow that one for a spot behind my house.  ;D