Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143989 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

MoJam?
« on: January 12, 2018, 01:12:23 pm »
Are the dates set for "MoJam"?  Marshall, MO?
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: MoJam?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:16:22 am »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:04:13 am »
Since you already started a MoJam thread, I 'm happy to inform everyone that they just put a MOJAM Facebook page up yesterday so that everyone can keep up with what's happening for the 20th anniversary this year.  It's officially July 19-21, but most of us come early and stay late.  :)     :BB
https://www.facebook.com/MOJAM-900707546777783/
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline mobow

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 04:21:50 pm »
Hello all,  was going to post our dates but see Bob got it for me.  It is year 20.  If anyone has ideas of what we can do to celebrate this mile stone please let us know.  See all soon. Keith

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 11:36:56 am »
I've talked to Bob and we should do a white wood/yellow wood shoot off part 2! Thats what got mojam started in the first place.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 01:03:10 pm »
Maybe a pair shoot matching a first timer with an "old guy/gal", against other like pairs?  Or an apple shoot? 
How does one get to the range off I-70?  I know where that is >:D!  Hope to see ya'all in July!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 02:07:04 pm »
I've talked to Bob and we should do a white wood/yellow wood shoot off part 2! Thats what got mojam started in the first place.

Patrick

Dude, that would be awesome!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 02:19:11 pm »

Patrick
I love this idea Patrick!!! It would be interesting to see how bows have evolved, performance wise, over the last twenty years.  Plus, it would a lot of fun to compete in.
I would volunteer to help be a part of organizing this if others show interest.  I can bring a chronograph and scales. 

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 05:13:50 pm »
I hope Badger will chime in. Bob said he was the one that wrote out the rulles for the first mojam.  I would love to see how much 20 years has change wooden bows by using the same set of rulles.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 05:42:25 pm »
I hope Badger will chime in. Bob said he was the one that wrote out the rulles for the first mojam.  I would love to see how much 20 years has change wooden bows by using the same set of rulles.
Patrick

Im interested in seeing how much the rules changed as we learned more!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 08:18:16 am »
There are "Rules"...?  ???
 ;)

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 09:20:10 am »
Believe it or not Paul, there were a set of rules that were followed.  ;)  I had to go back and reread the "turtle bow" chapter in TBB4 to remember how they went.  I think some of the rules may need to be changed a bit to get more accurate, and fair results. 

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 04:00:34 pm »
Ill bring the hickory!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JonW

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 08:20:57 pm »
Dave if you bring it you gotta build it.

Offline gifford

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 02:35:03 pm »
All this talk of White Woods/Osage testing/challenge/quest has persuaded me to get out a nice hickory bow blank Larry aka Caveman IL some time back and get to rasping. Perhaps I''l be able to coax a shooter out of it. rasp/rasp....