Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143962 times)

Offline Patches

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2018, 02:31:34 pm »
Looks like I will be able to make it.  I was thinking that I wasn't going get to be there this year. I didn't want to miss the 20th anniversary!  Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2018, 04:04:07 pm »
Its not a party without Neil Young!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline sleek

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018, 06:45:28 pm »
He certainly is one this southern boy dont mind being around.... anyhow,  im looking forward to the JAM!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Carle1953

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2018, 02:41:45 pm »
It sounds as there are going to be many activities this year.  All of these different tests. Will we find out if it is the wood or the profile, or the  bowyer or the style.  I love performance tests.  There usually are some real surprises. It will be interesting to see if attitudes and findings are the same as 20 years ago.  This one should be great.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2018, 10:36:53 pm »
Im definitely looking forward to mojam this year! I just hope I can spend my usual week,  with this new job it will be tuff. But I will definitely be there,  just got to get the logistics lined out. 

Sure will be nice to see the place filled up this year,  I hear that several old timers plan to make it again. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2018, 09:42:18 am »
Its definitely gonna be a good time. Ive vot my time off from work so im there. I may just stay there until the race on tuesday. Possibly set the all time mojam duration record!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2018, 06:15:35 am »
I might come...  (-S        on Monday...    (lol)
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2018, 10:49:38 am »
Looking forward to The experience!  Ya'all get to teach an old dog new tricks, maybe some old ones too!  Plan on getting there Tuesday or Wednesday, it's a 2 day haul from here, pulling the tin tipi!  Hope to have the hickory bow shooting by then, but that is another post!  Had a great time at the Black Hills Turkey Camp, but the turkeys added another notch to their score, which I believe is now Turkeys 5, Hunter's, 1, :G :G!  Excellent food, great company, and a wild 6 or 7 hour thunder & lightening display!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline gifford

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2018, 11:40:15 am »
Well, FWIW, I "plan" on being there Tuesday. Like all things, it is subject to change.

Otherwise, I may be there Wednesday, with Sal. He's planning to come in on Wednesday.

We'll see, yep, we'll see how it shakes out.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2018, 02:20:27 pm »
Man,  everyone is planning on coming this year! It should be a great anniversary!
I can't wait,  just need to get a plan together!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline gifford

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2018, 03:07:46 pm »
Patrick - yep, "We're getting the band back together, man"

Cue music "Coming to you on a dusty road....." 

Offline Patches

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2018, 03:23:02 pm »
Patrick - yep, "We're getting the band back together, man"

Cue music "Coming to you on a dusty road....." 

Is he going to want 4 fried chickens and a Coke too?

"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2018, 05:57:06 pm »
Sals coming! I'll make extra pie! Man o man this year is gonna be big. Im hoping to bring down some fellas from up nordth to dont cha know.

Im expecting me and mine there monday, maybe sunday and i might just stay till my race if they will let me. I cant wait for this year!

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2018, 08:12:53 pm »
What's the dates?
Pat said 17-19  :o
The web site is 19-21 july
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2018, 11:30:40 pm »
The 19th through the 21st is right bud.  Not sure where I got those days from. 

But in my defence for me its usually a week!

Patrick