Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143901 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2018, 12:47:42 pm »
I have never made any before so I don't know.  I picked up some poplar dowel darts at Marshall.  I haven't made the atlatl yet. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2018, 01:09:29 pm »
Wish I'd of known you where interested in Atlatl Clint. I'd of shown you mine and let you throw it. You can use the Red Osier for main shaft and make removable fore shaft to go with it. That's what I do. I just posted one in Primitive Skills section a few weeks ago.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Emennis

• "In the long run, you only hit what you aim at"HT
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2018, 08:17:16 am »
I'm contemplating coming down this year, since I missed out on camping at Marshall, MI,  and I will me missing GLLI due to Annual Training. Curse of the Army.  ;). Room for another Michigander? ;)
The thing about archery is that everyone can do it and everyone can have a good day at it. You don't have to be an expert.

Tom Barker

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2018, 08:25:19 am »
Of course..  :OK

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2018, 10:39:44 am »
Hopefully us "show me state" folk will be as welcoming as you Michiganders have been.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:10:14 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Patches

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2018, 01:31:05 pm »
I plan on getting there Sunday afternoon.

I have been watching for recipes to cook for supper a couple nights.  I want to help make all the Michaganders and out of staters (and the regulars too!) as welcome as possible.  As long as there is deer meat on the smoker everybody will be welcome to come eat.  Maybe that will help people forget about the heat!    ;D 

I was outside for work all morning and this ol fat boy is not used to the heat yet.  I will be by the time MoJam starts though. 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline sleek

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2018, 05:48:34 pm »
I plan on getting there Sunday afternoon.

I have been watching for recipes to cook for supper a couple nights.  I want to help make all the Michaganders and out of staters (and the regulars too!) as welcome as possible.  As long as there is deer meat on the smoker everybody will be welcome to come eat.  Maybe that will help people forget about the heat!    ;D 

I was outside for work all morning and this ol fat boy is not used to the heat yet.  I will be by the time MoJam starts though. 

Neal

And im gonna do my best to have a few batches of my bbq sauce, im looking forward to this!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2018, 07:03:56 am »
I think we can manage some deer meat on the smoker Neil! I still have a whole doe in the freezer that is just quartered up. Shot her when it was about 3 degrees out and she was pretty much frozen by the time I got her home that night.  Maybe we can do a couple of whole loins or a shoulder or two.  Let me know. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2018, 05:34:07 pm »
Got to get there one year....hopefully sooner than later.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2018, 05:27:40 am »
We have been working overtime in this terribke heat so im sure ill be ready to go! I should have a few fresh rabbits in a few weeks to go with the deer.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JonW

« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2018, 07:11:56 pm »
I am bringing some sweetbreads and a mess of fish. Sounds like we will be eating like kings!

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2018, 10:59:18 pm »
Sounds good to me,  but you know we always eat like kings at mojam!

Bill,  I hope you can make it sometime to,  you would love it!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2018, 08:32:12 pm »
Jon i talk up that sweetbread all the time!

Im planing o  being there sunday if not earlier, but i dont get the kids until 6pm so it may be later than id like. 

Im bringing a boat again and would love some company on a nice river excursion...just saying.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline mobow

« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2018, 06:13:44 pm »
I would advise sooner rather than later.  See everyone soon.  My work work travels are going to interfere with my being there on some days but should make it for a few.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2018, 06:35:40 pm »
Sooner rather than later? Is there troublenin paradise keith?