Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143883 times)

Offline mobow

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2018, 07:11:49 pm »
Dave, not really trouble.  I just see it becoming less organized and more participant lead.  It has been moving in that direction for several years.  I think it works great but may not be appealing to some.  Also really did not expect Mojam to see year two so each additional year is a bit of a surprise. Keith

Offline JonW

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2018, 07:54:58 pm »
Keith I really like the progression I've seen at MOJAM the last several years. I personally enjoy the structure and maybe even the lack thereof. The club always does a bang up job. I would like to thank all involved for a great event every year. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Offline Patches

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2018, 07:40:10 am »
Keith,  I will be available all the week of July 9 - 13th.  I had already scheduled that week off for another reason that fell through.  If I can help with getting things ready, please let me know what you need done and I will do it. I don't live an hour from Marshall, so I can come up and work, no problem.   I want to help as much as I can. 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2018, 08:49:38 am »
Keith you know I will do what ever I can to help the week  of mojam.  I also like the way things are going at mojam with it being more participant lead, but if we need to have more structure to the event thats understandable and I would be willing to help with that as well.

I will do another tool sharpening demonstration again if you need me to.  I know the last couple of years I haven't and I probably should have.  What ever you need Keith, after all you done to help me out last year,  I'm at your disposal my friend....

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2018, 08:54:20 am »
Well guy's,  I just checked the weather for mojam.  Looks like a little rain a few days.  But if the temps stay this way it will make for a great event.  Still hot but not near like last year!
Looking forward to seeing everyone! It will be here in almost a month!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2018, 11:00:56 am »
That would make it nearly 20° cooler than last year Patrick!

I also would like to extend a big thank you to the Marshall bow hunters that put on this event year after year, they really do a fantastic job.

Keith, if there is anything that I can help with, please let me know.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2018, 11:15:05 am »
Whoa!  Patrick, that looks almost like the weather forecast for the high country!!  The hot part, I can handle, it's the muggy that is the killer!  It was 108 when we came across the desert Sunday, but cooled off into the 90's as we gained altitude!  Humidity was about 8% or so!
Sounds like a lot of good eating going on!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Patches

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2018, 11:23:17 am »
man I hope those numbers hold true Patrick.  I have been working around Marshall the last few weeks and it has already been over 100 degrees on several days.  If it gets down into the 80's people will be wearing jackets!   ;D

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2018, 01:48:28 pm »
I've seen "cool" temp MOJAMs in the past. Not many but it has happened...  ::)

While over the years it's gotten more "Free Range" and participant lead it would not have happened, or continue to happen, without the work of the Club. And for that we owe them a big THANK YOU.  :OK

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2018, 04:07:30 pm »
I've seen "cool" temp MOJAMs in the past. Not many but it has happened...  ::)

While over the years it's gotten more "Free Range" and participant lead it would not have happened, or continue to happen, without the work of the Club. And for that we owe them a big THANK YOU.  :OK

You are right Paul,  there would be no mojam at all if it wasn't for the Marshall Bow Hunters. A big thank you is for sure!

Patrick

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2018, 07:09:42 pm »
Well im glad to hear that mojam isnt in trouble.  I can remember a few years witha man on a microphone speaking, but never a whole lot of structure. Thankfully we have always had the old trusty dry erase board! Lol
Now that my kids are older and dont require as much of my attention i can be there for actual demos if you want to try and bring it back. You know im up for whatever you want or need.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2018, 07:13:46 pm »
A demo Idea I think would be good is heat bending.  It seems to always be something that I help with quite a bit.  Im sure we can find a stave laying around that could use some bending.

Patrick

Offline mobow

« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2018, 07:38:40 pm »
Yep.  You always gotta watch who you hand a microphone to.   Last year was the first year that we did not follow a demo schedule of some sort.  It seemed to work with the same type of stuff being demonstrated anyway.  I am thinking this year to use the white board as a request board and if someone is around that knows how to do it they can schedule themselves to demo when they want to. 

Offline mobow

« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2018, 07:56:47 pm »
And thank you for all the offers of help.  You all have been the backbone of MOJam.  You all are why it continues.  Keith

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2018, 08:09:12 pm »
Well im glad to hear that mojam isnt in trouble.  I can remember a few years witha man on a microphone speaking, but never a whole lot of structure. Thankfully we have always had the old trusty dry erase board! Lol
Now that my kids are older and dont require as much of my attention i can be there for actual demos if you want to try and bring it back. You know im up for whatever you want or need.

Would you give a demonstration on the proper shaving technique?   ;D   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left