Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 146342 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: MoJam?
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2018, 07:48:23 pm »
Thats a little different of an idea Neil. I would like to see that as well.  I think im going to try to do a little more knapping this year myself.  Sure would like to hunt with some of my own points this year!

Dave,  you are a pot stirer for sure!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2018, 12:40:31 pm »
Thats a little different of an idea Neil. I would like to see that as well.  I think im going to try to do a little more knapping this year myself.  Sure would like to hunt with some of my own points this year!

Dave,  you are a pot stirer for sure!

Patrick

-I'm right there with you Patrick... I hope the boys from Oklahoma (like TIMO) come back this year....
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline gifford

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2018, 01:24:33 pm »
Yep, me too; I've been saying that for more than a few years. maybe this is the year. I tried it in the early years, just made little chips from bigger chips and used up a lot of band-aids in the process.

Bob - you said OK? Did he move?

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2018, 02:50:46 pm »
I don't know if he moved but the shadowbox full of points that I have said it was ALL OKLAHOMA...so I thought that's where TIMO was from... I hope someone contacts him and DANO... and all of the others!
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2018, 10:54:23 pm »
Got started on some mahogany obsidian -made some nifty earring sized chips for Jacie to work with!  Point is still in progress.  At least it is still with the tools. :-K :KN!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2018, 06:27:39 am »
I wish tim and dano would come back out to. Jd used to show id used to cone to mojam to, butbi bet its been nine years.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline loyd

« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2018, 07:34:27 am »
ill donate a set of skins for for a demo to the first kid or woman to finish up a bow.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2018, 08:29:34 am »
ill donate a set of skins for for a demo to the first kid or woman to finish up a bow.
That's a real cool idea Loyd. Sounds like you guys are getting things organized to me. I'm sure it's going to be a great event.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2018, 12:29:23 pm »
Do i count loyd?
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2018, 06:51:03 pm »
Thats a great gesture Loyd!

Yeah I would like to see some of the guys that hasn't been there in the last few years myself.  Tim and Lynn are couple I noticed not there the last 2 years.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline loyd

« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2018, 04:36:48 am »
just the younger kids Dave

Offline Patches

« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2018, 01:45:16 pm »
just the younger kids Dave

Dave's not that old.  He barely even has a beard!   >:D
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2018, 09:09:49 pm »
Thank you neal. Id imagine wyatt has a longer beard than me now.  Ive got one biw ready for the auction and marley and i are finishing another kids biw again this yesr as well. If i had more tine, id make another, but the river, she calls...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2018, 12:13:56 am »
Looking forward to this shindig!  Hope to have my hickory bow finished and tested!  By chance, I met Jack Moody at the Colorado Medieval Festival and learned he has been making bows for quite a while. Lives about 3 miles from me! Will be picking his brain to get 'er done!  Got to do some arrows as well, but will start with what I got.  Getting close!  Looking forward to meeting ya'all!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2018, 04:23:02 am »
That's great Hawkdancer. Maybe someday I'll have someone living that close to me building bows. If I do it'll probably be someone that I teach. I'm looking forward to that.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise