Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143980 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: MoJam?
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2018, 11:55:36 am »
Hawk,  any type of homemade liquid in glass jars is always welcome.  The only warning I could give is lock your cooler,  because I love the stuff,  especially the clear liquid!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JonW

« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2018, 01:02:23 pm »
Pat another fryer would be great.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2018, 08:17:30 pm »
No problem bud,  I'll throw it in. 

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline little bear

« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2018, 08:42:48 pm »
Dave (DVS) deserves a special spot!  as do a few other of the guys (like Patrick) that do all of the work every year at MoJam...  :OK
  I must be in charge of saving special spots.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2018, 08:44:54 pm »
Was planning to arrive Wed. Ya'll talking of fish fry is making it difficult to stick to plan.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline little bear

« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2018, 08:55:38 pm »
I wish tim and dano would come back out to. Jd used to show id used to cone to mojam to, butbi bet its been nine years.
  i really miss Dano.  He was the first person I met when we started going to mojam.  He sure had some good lemonade

Offline little bear

« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2018, 09:03:06 pm »
Jon we have an extra burner and pot we can bring out since we will already be here.  let me know what kind of side dish.  we also have some fish we can bring.

Offline little bear

« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2018, 09:07:31 pm »
I am trying to do something for the 20th year and I was wondering if everyone could send me their recipes that they have brought or going to bring to mojam.  everyone seems to really enjoy everyones food from across the nation and would like to make a little cookbook.  I know my leave going how did they make this, what was in it?  Then i forget to find who made it.  So please share with me your recipes, I would truly appreciate it.  Just pm them to me. 

Thanks and am looking forward to seeing my yearly family again soon.

Offline JonW

« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2018, 09:40:37 pm »
Any kind of side dish will be good. I personally like cucumbers and onions in vinegar  :OK

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2018, 10:50:21 pm »
I have been known to enjoy a nip of the barley, fermented and distilled, as well. Will keep the fridge double locked!  And the camper guarded by a leprechaun who enjoys a nip as well >:D. And packs a .44!  Ounce bottle!   (lol) (lol)!  Will likely bring a big bottle of clear liquid, as well Bread is baked, brew gets started tomorrow!  Of course, today was spent slaving over a. Hot oven, and making up an unfamiliar recipe keto bread for  Jacie.  Plan to get some more work done on the hickory bow as well!  Got it pulling past brace height at desired draw weight, now to make a string, and keep the tiller right! :BB (SH) :NN!  I assume "fake" fires (Propane patio fire) are acceptable, with a proper base and a shut ok valve?  It ain't really camping without a fire!  USFS allows them during fire bans.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2018, 07:26:29 am »
That will work Hawk.  We have used a little above ground grill/fire pit to cook on.   -C-

I'm not worried about your leprechaun, Ive got a fix for him, golden dust will keep him at bay!  :BB

Patrick

Offline just robin

« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2018, 10:14:24 am »
Twenty five days to go!
Things are shaping up and it looks like it's going to be a great Mo-Jam.
Been doing a little work at the range to get ready, and it's looking good.
Can't wait to get it started!

Offline just robin

« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2018, 10:16:54 am »
Also, Marshall Parks is having Day In The Park again this year, so there will be stuff going on all throughout the park on Saturday. Bring the whole family!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2018, 10:25:14 am »
I hope to be there on Tuesday and I'll be bringing Jon a buttermilk pie. Since he missed out when we were at Chris's place he, Jon, gets first dibs then he can share. If he chooses to...  >:D   
;)   ;D

Oh, and Sue will bring one down for the potluck supper too.  :)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2018, 11:16:04 am »
Don't recollect ever having tasted buttermilk pie!  Sounds good!  Have to check the freezer for peaches for a cobbler, or something!  I think I'm gaining weight just hearing about the food!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry