Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143954 times)

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2018, 06:07:33 am »
Hey Bob,
Is Rob coming down ?

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2018, 07:25:27 am »
Tell cahl to take it easy on me, ive been practicing and relized im not very good, hut im in for a few games. 

Soggy, a bench never hurt. There are several there and im bringing two im sure others are bringi g some too.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2018, 08:46:56 am »
Cahl would probably clean my plow in a chess match, too!  Haven't played in many years!  Might be able to beat him at "Tall Tales", though (lol)!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2018, 08:51:57 am »
CJ,
Chess skills!?  (lol)  >:D >:D >:D (lol).   Hope we all gain some new skills while we're there!
Hawkdancer

He almost always has his board with us when we go somewhere. He loves to teach anyone how to play. I was surprised at the amount of kids that were playing at the Marshall Primitive Rendezvous. 
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline little bear

« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2018, 11:27:43 am »
bob, i will be looking for my bottle of pie.  Greg and the oldest have been hard at it here making some beer.  Even made me some pineapple honey ale.  Also have extra jar of orangecicle for lenny's wife.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2018, 12:08:32 am »
Little Bear,
I always thought pie was better on a plate, with ice cream!  Is this bottle stuff a newfangled way. To eat pie! (lol) >:D!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2018, 08:18:15 am »
Hope you guys have a happy fourth. Ive got my paddle in, just have to cut the grass and then its bow making time! Or at least mojam project time.  Even with this extra day i doubt ill get them all finished in time.
I still have to find my goggles and flippers for the pool, clean out the camper, and round up tools, and...
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2018, 09:04:35 am »
I know were going to eat pretty well this fourth.
Been peeking at the projected fore cast for Mo Jam area and time period.Hope the weatherman is right.Pretty pleasant.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2018, 09:06:51 am »
Well if Cahl is up for it I wouldn't mind a game of chess. I was pretty dang good at one point but I haven't played much in a few years. 

Yes,  Happy 4th of July! Hope everyone gets full of bbq and is safe with the fire crackers. 
I to managed the day off,  got up way early and worked on a bow for a couple of hours.  But now its honey do time.  Cooking burgers and dogs for her work clan and hopefully getting my grass cut.  Ive been so busy that I haven't had time to get gas for my mowers.  The jug has been riding around in the back of my truck for 4 days.  But I did manage to get the 2 trees cut up that fell in my yard in the storm the other day. 

Ooohh I can smell the Osage now! Its almost here!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2018, 09:13:16 am »
Updated forecast for mojam! Not to bad, maybe a little rain.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2018, 11:25:55 am »
We've seen it worse. But, talk about understatement .. .. 94 referred to as "very warm."  HA!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2018, 12:02:56 pm »
Mow the grass!  I knew I forgot something!  Got to get the MOJAM ale bottled, too!  Important things first!  Anxiety is building!  Bow is getting closer to draw length and weight!  Got to make a string and figure out the fades and handle shape I want!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2018, 03:45:21 pm »
Mow the grass!  I knew I forgot something!  Got to get the MOJAM ale bottled, too!  Important things first!  Anxiety is building!  Bow is getting closer to draw length and weight!  Got to make a string and figure out the fades and handle shape I want!
Hawkdancer

Patience "Grasshopper"...  :BB 
;)

Happy Independence Day everyone.  :OK

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2018, 06:57:00 pm »
Hey Bob,
Is Rob coming down ?

yes Rob is coming... even Sal is coming this year... it will be great. 
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2018, 07:24:54 am »
Hey Bob,
Is Rob coming down ?

yes Rob is coming... even Sal is coming this year... it will be great.
I'll make sure to bring along some of my tomatoes for Rob