Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 146941 times)

Offline Carle1953

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2018, 09:08:50 am »
With everything that is going on, I want to make sure that I remember to thank Keith and the club and ask if there is anything I can do to help.  Putting together my donations to the clout shoot and for the auction. Making a few extra arrows so I don't have to try and retrieve my misses from the clutches of six foot poison ivy bushes.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2018, 04:28:09 pm »
Looks like its shaping up to be a great week!
And speaking of weeks, only one more left for me, then I will truly be on mojam time!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2018, 08:00:08 pm »
Making a few extra arrows so I don't have to try and retrieve my misses from the clutches of six foot poison ivy bushes.

Carle has definitely shot the courses before . . .   (SH)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2018, 08:23:58 pm »
That is something I need to try to do this year.  I think this is either my 5th or 6th year and Ive yet to shoot the course.  But Ive made almost every late night shoot under the mercury vapor light!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2018, 08:07:19 am »
We will have to get up early a d go shoot one morning pat.  I dont think i have shot the courses in three years! They are pretty fun.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Carle1953

« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2018, 08:26:07 am »
Morning is always cooler.  One year it was so wet and slimy we couldn't get over any of the courses.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2018, 08:28:04 am »
Back in the day... we formed a group called "NADS" ?  for those of us that started every morning by shooting the upper targets and coming out at the clubhouse just as biscuits and gravy was ready...    (SH)
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2018, 08:44:46 am »
We will have to get up early a d go shoot one morning pat.  I dont think i have shot the courses in three years! They are pretty fun.

Sounds like a plan bud.  The only thing I try to shoot every year is the clout shoot.  There use to be a full strut turkey on the way down the hill.  I would shoot that target on the way down but I've never even seen the rest of the course. 
Heck, the only time in shot the running pig was when we done the red oak bow challenge.

Patrick

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2018, 02:17:32 pm »
I shoot the same turkey Pat.

Bob ot sounds like we need the early morning shooter club initiation.

I Have stsrted gathering things to go today. I get my kids this week and next week so we should be there saturday to see robin open the gates. I have to come gone subday though to grab my race partner and boat so mo subday monday camp for me. I out another coat of finish on marleys auction bow, if she wants to give it up mkw that is. We may have to make another that week. Its getting really exciting now! I cant wait to see everyone pulling in!
Seven days!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline little bear

« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2018, 03:50:28 pm »
we are setting up too on Saturday so see ya then.  We have lots of homemade stuff to try  -C-

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2018, 05:58:34 pm »
Cahl and I will see you all on Sunday late afternoon or early evening. Do we go to the park or is there another enterance?
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline JonW

« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2018, 06:48:10 pm »
Coby when you see the park look for the public pool. Where the street curves north to the pool there is a gravel drive to the south that goes down to the spot. You will see the golf course as well for a landmark.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2018, 07:40:22 pm »
I got kinda lost my first tine getting there, but kts pretty easy to find now i think.  We are packing a few things and making plans for food. I think sunday or monday we are eating dinner in town and are going to watch a movie at the theater. We may even look into playing sone golf, disk and regular.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2018, 07:45:56 pm »
The cemetery will be in front of you just before the curve then the golf course on the right just past the cemetery. Mind the speed limit, it's STRICTLY ENFORCED... this is from personal experience.  :-[

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2018, 08:17:28 pm »
Thank you.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.