Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 145821 times)

Offline Mailman Bill

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2018, 12:53:08 pm »
I totally forgot about this event.  I remembered Sunday morning and have been ticked at myself ever since.  It's going to be a long 12 months until next year.  Thanks to all who posted up the photos.  Were there T shirts available?  I'd love to get one if possible.
Never to old to learn old stuff.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #436 on: July 23, 2018, 01:03:27 pm »
A point I'd like to make here to other clubs wanting more participation from their members [which I get letters in the mail about]to get their kids started shooting bows and arrows......Through the summers here in Iowa I go to many 3D shoots with friends.Not 1 club I've seen has seen the benefit of these types of bow making gartherings like Marshall puts on that benefits the kids' participation aspect of archery.Guess it's up to me and others to plant a seed here heh????
I'm glad Mo Jam has paved the way for clubs to possibly put on a flight shoot themselves.
Kuddos to the other state clubs that do this too having special events or contests promoting participation.Many of these games the big kids like to play too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Mickey

« Reply #437 on: July 23, 2018, 01:31:24 pm »
Forgot to add

If anyone has Butch Speer's email addy could you please PM it to me.

Thanks

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #438 on: July 23, 2018, 01:33:59 pm »
A point I'd like to make here to other clubs wanting more participation from their members [which I get letters in the mail about]to get their kids started shooting bows and arrows......Through the summers here in Iowa I go to many 3D shoots with friends.Not 1 club I've seen has seen the benefit of these types of bow making gartherings like Marshall puts on that benefits the kids' participation aspect of archery.Guess it's up to me and others to plant a seed here heh????
I'm glad Mo Jam has paved the way for clubs to possibly put on a flight shoot themselves.
Kuddos to the other state clubs that do this too having special events or contests promoting participation.Many of these games the big kids like to play too.

-exactly right.  My favorite 'moments' at MoJam are ones involving a father and his son or daughter creating a lifelong memory by shooting together or building a bow.
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline sleek

« Reply #439 on: July 23, 2018, 02:06:58 pm »
What a whirlwind week of bowmaking.

You said it
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #440 on: July 23, 2018, 02:09:33 pm »
I totally forgot about this event.

Why fridge is littered with post-it notes and The Wife makes me review 'em weekly.   ;)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline gifford

« Reply #441 on: July 23, 2018, 03:28:04 pm »
Knoll - that's what we did till we got those erasable calendar things for the refrigerator door. See current month and next month. If it isn't on the calendar, it ain't happening.

Bob et al - thanks for posting the pictures. Last time I tried taking pictures, all I got was myownself, up close.

Offline mobow

« Reply #442 on: July 23, 2018, 04:25:14 pm »
Good to see people are arriving back home safely.  I thought this year was a great gathering.  One of the best to date.  Each person adds a special element but a few make it shine brighter with their hands on involvement at the pavilion.  You know who you are and I am forever thankful to call you friends.  Bob, enjoyed shooting with you Friday night/Saturday morning.  I had forgotten the fun of shooting but now plan to shoot the 3D tournament next week with Davis and his new Chris Rackley special gift.  Pat, i’m Gonna use the bow you gifted me.  Should get the compound guys talking and pointing. Anyway, the company was good, the food was good and the weather was even nice most of the time.  See you all next year if not sooner. keith

Offline nonose

« Reply #443 on: July 23, 2018, 04:28:12 pm »
Well finally got home. I want to thank all of my/our MOJAM family for everything. I look forward each and every year to share my passion with others.  Thank yall for being my friends.  Nonose quote " I will sleep when I die."

Offline sleek

« Reply #444 on: July 23, 2018, 05:31:40 pm »
Well finally got home. I want to thank all of my/our MOJAM family for everything. I look forward each and every year to share my passion with others.  Thank yall for being my friends.  Nonose quote " I will sleep when I die."

Good to have seen you again nonose. Was nice to have your company on those pavilion nights while working on cranking out bows.

I will sleep when I die. Certainly the rallying cry for this years Mojam.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #445 on: July 23, 2018, 06:21:16 pm »
Congrats to Arvin for winning the self bow broadhead longest shot and to Ed for winning the composite bow longest shot.  A few honorable mentions were Steve (badger), AAron and ScottS (Mr. 214). :)  and I think Aaron got 215 yards with a hickory self bow. great job Arron. Hope I didn't miss anyone.
I learned a lot for that competition.  I'm not much on the 3D shooting, but next year I just might have the self bow to beat.
Ed hope you listening :) :).
DBar   
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #446 on: July 23, 2018, 06:45:22 pm »

Running Pig. I'm told that Scott's arrow in 10-ring.

Correction.   That's my arrow in the 12 ring  ;) 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #447 on: July 23, 2018, 07:02:36 pm »
JonW that was the best grilled wild turkey/bacon kabobs I have ever had!!!!
Thanks
DBar

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #448 on: July 23, 2018, 07:04:57 pm »

Running Pig. I'm told that Scott's arrow in 10-ring.

Correction.   That's my arrow in the 12 ring  ;) 
I have to confirm that's the Outlaws arrow right there...…side note: notice there's two outlaw arrows in that pig.
DBar

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #449 on: July 23, 2018, 07:21:23 pm »
Thank you to all of you who helped put this shoot on.  This was my first ever Mojam.  I saw a lot of familiar faces and a lot of new ones.  I was welcomed to the Mojam family like I had been going for years.  I expected this trip to Mojam to be a one time deal.  However it didn't take me long to start making plans for next year. 

For all the talk about the heat I didn't think it was too bad. The monsoon golf adventure was something I'll never forget.  I think someone said we got over 2" of rain in 30 minutes.  It's the first time I've had to wade through 12" of water just to get my clubs out of the cart.

Thanks to all of you who shared some food.  Neal put my leftover deer marinade on some wild turkey and wrapped it in bacon.  That was about the best food I've ever tasted. 

The flight shoot was interesting.  It got my wheels turning.  I think I have the room to do some testing at home.  Here is Danznbar launching an arrow with Scott, Aaaaron, and Badger watching.  Badger displayed why he earned that name.  He ripped his arm open on a dry fire and was bleeding pretty good.  He kept shooting and making it worse.  He finally washed it off with gatorade and taped a score card over it so he could keep shooting.  He is one tough dude.

Here is Scott, aka Mr. 214  ::)  dry firing his bow. 

Somehow it held together and he did pretty good with it.  The shutter speed makes his bow look wonky. 

Bow Ed seeing how his bow performs.  This was the first time I've met Ed.  It was a pleasure to do some trading and swapping stories with you.

DVS helped me make one of his signature tie dye shirts.  Thanks my Missourah brother.

I made a trade offer on this little sweet heart of a dog.  The owner wouldn't let her go.

Wyatt learning how to chew sinew for a wrap job. 

I got to visit with 2 guys who where a huge help to me when I first got started making bows.  Mickey "The Ferret" and Steve "Badger".  I was able to get a signed Floppy Ruler in the auction.  Here is a picture of me and Badger.

Bow Ed accepting his trophy for the laminated flight shoot.  His horn bows were very cool.  There were a lot of special moments during the awards and auction. 

A big thanks to the atlatl guys who loaned me there equipment and helped me out.  I participated in a ISAAC event and managed to score a few points.  Ed sent me this picture he took of me throwing. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left