Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 145744 times)

Offline Bob Barnes

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #480 on: July 24, 2018, 11:52:19 am »
Hawkdancer...thanks again for the great pork chop...

Butch and Diane...
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #481 on: July 24, 2018, 12:31:05 pm »
I would like to thank all of you for being so kind and welcoming to Cahl and me. I would love to go thru and name names but I'm so afraid that I would forget someone that was deserving of the recognition. So, I'll stick to generalizations. I hope you all know who you are. Thank you so much to all of you who helped me with my first bow. I can not wait to walk into Trad League this winter and start flinging arrows with it. I learned so much hanging out with you all (some bow related, some not  ;) ) and you all have given me the confidence and knowledge to start my next one here at home flying solo.

Cahl had the time of his life getting to hang out with his new group of friends. He was already texting a few of them on the way home. We both agreed that we would not miss next year's MOJAM for anything. He was studying TBB on the ride home some more and was thinking up his "next bow idea". Thank you all for giving me the knowledge to help him here at home so he could go play and enjoy being a kid at the event. It means more that I can put into words. I had no idea that I would love the process of making a bow so much and find such a desire to make more and more. I'm hoping to get a chance to sit down and write more about it on my Chasing Heartwood site.

Thanks so much for all of the food and cold beverages, the laughs and the memories, and most of all filling that void we had where family should be. It's comforting to know that Cahl has some Aunts and Uncles out there that he can depend on. Family isn't always defined by blood alone but is defined more by what is in someone's heart. We met some of the biggest hearts over the last week. No matter how "rough and gruff" they may want to appear on the outside.

Thank you to all who had a hand in putting on the "reunion". Your efforts and dedication were appreciated so much. Thank you to all who sat up literally for days helping us newbies make our bows. Thanks to those of you who donated time and items for the auctions. Thank you for the kids trophies. Thank you for running some awesome activities.

Just plain THANK YOU....
I hope I haven't left anything out.

I have a few photos I will try to figure out how to upload here after a bit. I will also load them to Facebook. I didn't take as many as I thought I did. So I'm happy to see the others that people have posted. Maybe next year I can get John to come along with us if he can get the time off work. I'm already looking for a smaller trailer to haul down. I'll also spice up my string making skills so I can lend a hand and return the favor.

And I'll wrap it up by asking one simple question...
What are the dates for MOJAM next year?
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Tinker

« Reply #482 on: July 24, 2018, 02:23:11 pm »
I have to say we had a great time again this year ant MoJam. It was our second one to attend and most definitely will not be our last one. I know we are planning for next year at this time, and plan to bring our oldest Son along so he can build himself a bow.

P.s. how do you insert an image?

Offline mobow

« Reply #483 on: July 24, 2018, 02:44:21 pm »
Cjkopec,  very nicely written.  The dates for next year are July 18-20.  But the fitst people will begin arriving next week.  🤡

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2018, 02:58:22 pm »
The dates for next year are July 18-20.

It’s on the calendar. I’ll be at the gate when they open it.  :OK
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline sleek

« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2018, 03:08:35 pm »
I have to say we had a great time again this year ant MoJam. It was our second one to attend and most definitely will not be our last one. I know we are planning for next year at this time, and plan to bring our oldest Son along so he can build himself a bow.

Glad to see we were abke to pull a new member to the pa website too! Welcome dude!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2018, 03:31:22 pm »

I really liked that lamp you donated to the auction. 

I use imgur to host pictures and post on here.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badger

« Reply #487 on: July 24, 2018, 03:59:19 pm »
  I had a great time, it is always nice to meet folks you have known for years online but never talked to in person. I was really pleased with how many participated in the flight shoot. Everyone was a good sport. I had hoped to spend more time in the bow building area but I had a bad knee injury a few weeks before mojam and wasn't getting around very well.  Looking forward to next year.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #488 on: July 24, 2018, 07:27:46 pm »
Coby,  I'll be the first to say,  you are very welcome!
When I see a passion in someones eyes like I do with new people building bows,  I can't say no to helping them.  I would stay up another 48 hours again if the need should be there. 

Steve,  it was good to meet you,  I always like meeting PA members.  Some of the best friends I have I met on PA.

Clint and Bill,  I sure was glad to see you guys there! Hope to see you both back again next year. 

Hawk,  I'm glad you made it home safely bud! Maybe next year I can finish my drink and my story without falling asleep.  :o Congrats on the bow,  I didn't know it was your first one!

Tinker,  good to see you on PA finally!

Erin, im glad you had such a good time,  looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Keith,  I'll be there Saturday, packing up now!  -C-

Arvin,  it was great meeting you again and sharing camp.  You are now one of the group,  you and Deb are stuck with us now!

Bob,  come on bud,  post some pictures! ;D

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2018, 07:44:13 pm »
TimO and Hackbow

Offline Tinker

« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2018, 07:58:39 pm »

Tinker,  good to see you on PA finally!

Patrick
[/quote]
It took me about two hours to figure out my information from when I set my account up about a year ago!!!!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2018, 08:00:29 pm »
and another one from Mickey

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #492 on: July 24, 2018, 08:03:44 pm »
no-nose and paul

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2018, 09:01:48 pm »
I can see from the pictures there's still a whole lot of people I've got to get to meet yet at Mo Jam.Until next year then.....to get more of that done.
I did see some very nice bows made out of the pavillion by some new comers though done by Tinker and Li.Others too which I had'nt met yet.The fellas instructing in the pavillion did some great work.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #494 on: July 24, 2018, 09:17:15 pm »
Sure glad that Bob was taking so many pictures this year.  :OK