Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143910 times)

Offline Badger

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #510 on: July 25, 2018, 05:54:30 pm »
      In some ways i was very happy with how everything turned out and in some ways I was disappointed with myself that I didn't keep up with the paperwork like I had planned. I was caught off guard by the number of participants. Over the course of this year with input from those who participated I hope to make next year even better. I have a feeling the competition next year is going to be scary tough! We will be ready!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #511 on: July 25, 2018, 05:59:55 pm »
      In some ways i was very happy with how everything turned out and in some ways I was disappointed with myself that I didn't keep up with the paperwork like I had planned. I was caught off guard by the number of participants. Over the course of this year with input from those who participated I hope to make next year even better. I have a feeling the competition next year is going to be scary tough! We will be ready!

I'm not disappointed at all... I got to shoot Joe Mattingly's 20 year old MoJam bow 186 yards...got 211 yards out of my old hunting BBO...saw nearly a dozen bows shoot over 200 yards...and saw the faces on many many people as they watched arrows fly the full length of the field... it was awesome.
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #512 on: July 25, 2018, 06:07:17 pm »

I'm not disappointed at all... I got to shoot Joe Mattingly's 20 year old MoJam bow 186 yards...got 211 yards out of my old hunting BBO...saw nearly a dozen bows shoot over 200 yards...and saw the faces on many many people as they watched arrows fly the full length of the field... it was awesome.

Bob's right, it Was a great event and you did real well putting it all together from so far away Steve.  :OK

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #513 on: July 25, 2018, 06:13:29 pm »

Bob's right, it Was a great event and you did real well putting it all together from so far away Steve.  :OK
Yep....all good!!  I'll be ready next year.  already planning on a new bow.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #514 on: July 25, 2018, 07:15:57 pm »
Trying to be in 2 places at 1 time can get a person behind in 1 of the places.We did the best we could.Possibly a larger committee to get shooters ready for the line to shoot? or the committee shoot their bows first then attend to all the needs of the other shooters documenting their distances?I'm sure we'll fine tune the procedure better next time.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline sleek

« Reply #515 on: July 25, 2018, 07:23:53 pm »
Im happy to help next year with the shoot.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Tinker

« Reply #516 on: July 25, 2018, 08:27:39 pm »
At this time we are planning for next year. I should have more time to help out next year seeing how I plan on finishing up one bow. We are planning on bringing our oldest boy so he can build his first bow, with help from everyone. I hate to say it but he doesn't listen to me when I try to teach him how to do things......
On a different note..... Can we get someone to do a class on building arrows please. I finding in my research there is a lot to factor in to building them.

Offline nonose

« Reply #517 on: July 25, 2018, 09:23:54 pm »
Already  planned on asking you, to help out at the pavillon. kelby will do just fine.

Offline Tinker

« Reply #518 on: July 25, 2018, 09:30:06 pm »
Already  planned on asking you, to help out at the pavillon. kelby will do just fine.

I can help people by putting there bows on the top shelf!!!!

Offline sleek

« Reply #519 on: July 25, 2018, 09:45:03 pm »
On askin me?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Tinker

« Reply #520 on: July 25, 2018, 10:36:08 pm »
A few pics i was able to capture. I managed to not get any of me this year, again.

Offline Tinker

« Reply #521 on: July 25, 2018, 11:07:49 pm »
Fish Fry

Offline Tinker

« Reply #522 on: July 25, 2018, 11:09:46 pm »
Work time

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #523 on: July 26, 2018, 12:05:08 am »
My suggestion would be to fletch the loaner arrows distinctive as to weight/spine, and if necessary, prefix A or B for equally weighted arrows; I.e. 400 A, 400 B, and give us dummies a chance to find our arrows amongst the field.  When all the arrows have the same fletching it is a bit difficult to find yours!  I hope to have a good set of flight arrows matched to my bows and draw length for next year.  I think bows should be weighed to the shooter's draw length, especially if he/she is shooting their own arrow, which must meet the minimum weight per pound of draw. So, if I draw a 45# bow 26", my arrows must weigh at least 450 grains, and draw 26" to the broad head.  I would like to see a class strictly for hunting arrows.  But it was a darned good show!  I had a good time and will do it again next year!  Hope this makes sense!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #524 on: July 26, 2018, 09:02:45 am »
A few pics i was able to capture. I managed to not get any of me this year, again.

I have a few of you shooting that first bow you made. I'll try to get some loaded and posted here soon.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.