Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143881 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #525 on: July 26, 2018, 10:50:45 am »
Hawk dancer I agree with you. I also think that as people make and design their on arrows there will be fewer loaners necessary. I don't like to build arrows. I would rather build bows. But a year into this flight shooting I am finding it necessary to built the flight arrows . the challenge to build a better fling arrow has made arrow building a bit more fun somehow. This will help in finding our arrows. It was easy to find the ones I built if I hit the landing pad. :-)! Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #526 on: July 26, 2018, 11:33:51 am »
The key for me with arrows is to always have plenty! Lol!  I have 3 bows that all shoot the same arrows so I have 3 or 4 sets of arrows at one time.  There is a lot that goes into making a good shooting arrow thats for sure. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline gifford

« Reply #527 on: July 26, 2018, 11:48:38 am »
Yep, makin' arrows is a slow process. Now if I hit the target more often, maybe I wouldn't lose so many arrows shooting 3-D courses...

I've made some that should have flown just the way they were supposed to. Others, including the ones I got from "Red Buffalo" a few years back fly just right. Don't know if it's me or the arrows or the bow, but they fly right.

Offline Tinker

« Reply #528 on: July 26, 2018, 02:06:51 pm »
A few pics i was able to capture. I managed to not get any of me this year, again.

I have a few of you shooting that first bow you made. I'll try to get some loaded and posted here soon.

Thanks, that would be great.

Offline Tinker

« Reply #529 on: July 26, 2018, 04:11:29 pm »
Nicole had a few pic!!!!!!

Offline Tinker

« Reply #530 on: July 26, 2018, 04:14:44 pm »
Mo Pics

Offline Tinker

« Reply #531 on: July 26, 2018, 04:17:31 pm »
Even Mo Jam Pics  (SH)

Offline sleek

« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2018, 05:31:42 pm »
I absolutly love that series of pics with us 3. Thank you nicole for taking them! And Tinker, ypu did a fantastic job on that bow!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Badger

« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2018, 05:36:32 pm »
I absolutly love that series of pics with us 3. Thank you nicole for taking them! And Tinker, ypu did a fantastic job on that bow!

Those are some good looking bows! That one was drawing 31"?

Offline sleek

« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2018, 05:39:24 pm »

The one tinker is drawing, pulls 34" if im not mistaken, but when the pic was taken, he was still coming back on the draw.

Offline Tinker

« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2018, 08:41:27 pm »

The one tinker is drawing, pulls 34" if im not mistaken, but when the pic was taken, he was still coming back on the draw.

Your correct, it draws 34, and I believe we all where still in draw when the pic was taken.

Offline sleek

« Reply #536 on: July 26, 2018, 09:09:57 pm »

Your correct, it draws 34, and I believe we all where still in draw when the pic was taken.

Watching you come back to full draw with that is heart stopping and impressive. I keep wanting to yell STOP! But then i remember oh yeah, i designed it to do that!

Offline sleek

« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2018, 09:17:02 pm »
How much reflex is it holding?

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #538 on: July 26, 2018, 09:33:29 pm »
Just got home. Gonna sleep and post pics tomorrow
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Tinker

« Reply #539 on: July 26, 2018, 10:15:02 pm »
How much reflex is it holding?

It's back to where it was after shooting. I don't know if it being in the ac has anything to do with that.