Author Topic: 3rd Annual Wright City MO gathering(March 2,3,4 2018)  (Read 27725 times)

Offline bowwood

3rd Annual Wright City MO gathering(March 2,3,4 2018)
« on: January 14, 2018, 06:57:01 pm »
The dates for the 3rd annual primitive gathering in Wright City MO @ The Blind Archer Bow Co. & Mule Ranch have been set. The first weekend in March,,,2,3,4th Last year we had great weather so we are gonna try our luck again. Whatever your vice is whether bowbuilding, arrowsmithing, knapping, firestarting or building tom-tom drum from a log,,,bring it. I think last year we had about 18-20 participants and I think we are able to accomodate a few more. As for accomodations I have 18ac for primitive or camper camping, there are several reasonably priced motels within 10minutes away and we have been known to throw cots up in the shop.  I have an Airstream that will be setup and a pop-up camper. The shop has heat and tools, bandsaw, 48"beltsander. There is a 15-18 target archery range(some 3d's and some bag targets that you can shoot at your leisure. We do try to do a quick somewhat organized shoot over the weekend. If you would like to bring tools feel free. Any questions or comments please ask. Other than that I will let the past attendees chime in.

Bowwood

Offline Dvshunter

Re: 3rd Annual Wright City MO gathering(March 2,3,4 2018)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:54:50 pm »
Im in again this year!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JonW

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:11:30 pm »
Dave I expect you to show up with an exquisitely tillered sinew backed osage bow.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:22:01 pm »
Ha Jon,  j think the dog ate it.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 08:49:14 am »
Sorry chris I will not be able to make this year. I am a instructor at a 4-h function that Saturday. Been trying to find somebody else to take my place but no takers. Had a great time last year and was looking forward to it this year! But sometimes it dosent always work out . Maybe run into you before mojam this year !
lets get back to the basics

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 05:47:57 pm »
Thats a bummer andy. Wyatt didnt spill the beans and your just covering for him are you? Lol. I need some supplies to.

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 08:05:22 pm »
I know been trying to figure this Out last year only had 2 kids sign up already have 10 signed up!! No he didn’t spill the beans ( somethings you just can’t learn in school) ! Let me know what you need ! Expanded alittle but more this year.
lets get back to the basics

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 11:02:03 pm »
I will be there, Lord willing and the creek don't rise! Started a new job a few weeks ago but taking a day shouldn't be a problem.  So I plan to come in on either Thursday night or Friday morning.  Depends on if they are calling for any plywood or not. 

Its a great time guys,  so if your not busy that weekend you won't be sorry.  The Rackley family are great host and you are likely to be well fed!

Andy,  I sure hate to hear that you won't be able to make it bud.  I was hoping you might be able to test fire a bow for me.  That is if it stayes together till then,  lol!

Dave,  do you still have one of those rooms available?

Sure can't wait to see everyone,  really, really, looking forward to this one! Lots of things have changed for me since last year.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 01:28:16 pm »
I dont know about the room this year pat.  I will have my kids that weekend, but they may go somewhere for the weekend. Ill let you know.  I know chris has some room still if that helps but id rather stay with me then chris too.lol

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 03:39:38 pm »
I understand Dave,  no biggie,  just figured Marley would let me use her room again.

Chris,  you got any room in the camper at your house? Daves hotel looks like its booked,  I know you leave the light on! Lol

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bowwood

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 05:15:13 pm »
Pat,,,,I will atleast have the airstream setup and ready and the popup if need be,,,,also have 2bedrooms in the house as Lane as moved out into the shop,,,yes full fledged studio apt with kitchen out in the shop so that will be handy. First dibs gets therooms so let me know.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 07:17:05 pm »
I've got the OK from the Boss so I'll be able to attend this year. 
:OK  :BB  (=)

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 10:13:36 pm »
I've got the OK from the Boss so I'll be able to attend this year. 
:OK  :BB  (=)

Alright! Good deal Paul!
Looking forward to seeing you bud!

Patrick

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 07:10:09 pm »
Thats great paul! Looking forward to seeing you.

Pat, marley said she is still getting the smell out of her room from last year!

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 05:04:45 am »
This sounds like a great time. I'm working on a perposal for the boss.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise