Author Topic: Rug loom  (Read 1079 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Rug loom
« on: January 19, 2018, 07:29:41 am »
With all of my hobbies taking up time and space around Robin started some new ones herself.Making rugs.Made this loom for her out of some spare oak around here and she likes it.I gotta say they are very nice rugs too.She likes those plants too.....LOL.Orchids and African violets are her favorite.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Rug loom
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 07:41:58 am »
Very  cool Ed. These hobbies do take up a lot of space but yours looks much more organized than mine. I love the rug and all the plants to. That's the biggest thing I miss about winter is plants.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 07:49:59 am »
We have rugs like that in our house.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 08:00:42 am »
Yes I know what you mean and that's why I don't mind a forest in the house.....LOL.I even had to build her a green house for her for more space for her plants in the summer.She starts herbs and tomato plants early in the spring too.She started those osage trees to send off for you guys in there too.Think it measures 8' by 18'.Surprisingly it gets and stays warm in there through pretty chilly temps.

Her bees and other animals & pets too keeps her pretty busy.I'm just there when things go awry or difficult.A task many men know about.

BowEd
Ed

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 08:32:30 am »
Nice loom.. I like your greenhouse too.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 08:44:48 am »
Thanks...I can't take credit for the components and design of the green house but thought it filled the bill for us.We erected it back in 2014.It's made out of red wood for long term use.I did design the little wood stove in there though.Robbed it from it's wall tent duties to be truthful.It has an electric milk house heater as a back up too though.Thermostat and the whole nine yards.
A sun screen fabric on the interior is needed during the summer months.Otherwise it'll get almost hot enough to cure EA 40 smooth on epoxy.....LOL.The orchids do very well in there.
BowEd
Ed

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 11:37:59 am »
thats a very nice adjustable loom  :OK
may I ask the distance between 2 pegs?
I may make a ruder version for my daughters

Offline JEB

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 08:21:30 am »
Looks like a good set up, loom and growing room.  Wife pays the long dollar for good rag rugs as she likes them around the house and they are easy to clean.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 07:17:11 pm »
You two have certainly got a lot of bases covered.
Great concepts and designs. I like solar and steel buildings.
I like rugs but a loom is a stretch even for my imagination.
They are cool but seem so complicated.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.