Author Topic: The Signature Bow (at last...)  (Read 17493 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: The Signature Bow (at last...)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 03:33:50 pm »
Man alive!! Did I ever do a number on that. ;D
I was one of the first to sign it and I had lots of room.  Also, a heavy hand.

Just to let yall know, I am not nearly as loud and obnoxious as that signature would suggest. ::)

Marius, that is one fine looking bow.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

jamie

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 03:45:50 pm »
excellent job marius. thats a keeper for sure. peace

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 04:12:22 pm »
Wanderfull bend on that bow !!...very pleasing to the eye
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Dustybaer

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 04:17:53 pm »
greg, it does like a 500gr arrow, so i hope i'm within hunting weight on both bow and arrow.  and i'm deffinitely not worried about "two deer"  ;D   but i have to contradict you, my friend, the privilege was mine.  the beauty of it is, with friends like you, pat and hillbilly....who needs enemies?  ;D

david, i thought it was your ego  ;D  but as i said, i truly appreciate your assistance during the tillering process.

jamie, thanks.  you are right this bow is very special to me.

thanks mannie, and that from a master like you. 

you know, i just realized that pretty much every one of you guys is a better bowyer than me, so i realy appreciate y'alls compliments.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 07:59:49 pm »

you know, i just realized that pretty much every one of you guys is a better bowyer than me, so i realy appreciate y'alls compliments.
That comment only applies to those who replied above the statement. Now that you made the comment I can reply.  Great job on the bow my friend.  It is a well traveled bow also.  It trekked 2200 miles across the USA, narrowly missed a tornado in Kansas and was in a blizzard at 12000 feet in Colorado, then spent a few days in the desert of Southwest US before it was shipped to Germany.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Dustybaer

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 08:09:26 pm »
justin, you're so full of it   ;D  i saw the ELB you crafted based on badgers formula.  what a masterpiece that was (and i don't even like ELBs  ;D )

but you're right, without your help i wouldn't be posting this symbol of friendship.  in fact this morning i was telling my brother-in-law (he took the pictures in this thread) and his wife how the bows got to germany and who made the bowsocks for all three bows.  by the way, those three osage bows are my only bows that always travel in bowsocks.  redneck nobility  ;D

PS:  just got my login and password for the e-mag.  what a cool feature.  now i get my magazine before pat and hillbilly  >:D  i read the article, looked at the pictures and memories started flooding back.  what a great time we had.  but i didn't remember the article to be that long  ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:15:00 pm by Dustybaer »

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 08:22:30 pm »
justin, you're so full of it   ;D 
I wont even try to deny that I am full of it, but what does that have to do with anything.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Dustybaer

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 08:34:50 pm »
your feeble attempt to imply you were not amongst the ones i referred to as being better bowyers than me, triggered my potentially missleading statement. i apologize  ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 08:42:02 pm »
Now you are full of it. Justin

SW Utah

Dustybaer

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 08:58:55 pm »
yep, and proud of it too  ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 09:52:16 pm »
Your both full of it ::) ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 09:58:13 pm »
The bow, even without the autographs would be awesome! But with them...TRULY SPECIAL.  Very well done and something to be very proud of.
                                    Saw Filer
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 01:24:41 am »
Turned out great!... If we do that again we should get different colored markers, like green, grey, and brown. That way your bow would already be camo! ;) Mossy Hillbilly or Redneck Realtree! lol :D....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 02:10:23 am »
The bow came out very well, Marius. The tiller looks right on and the backing is superb! ;)  Just keep rubbing in about the PBR.  >:( Oh heck, you know I can't be mad at you! :-*   
   I still haven't got my new PA mag so I can't comment on your article. I'm sure it is adequate. ;D
   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 04:50:06 am »
dana, you're so right  ;D but that's part of this forum's charm (at least for me it is)

filer, i am proud to be the owner (not so much the maker) because of what the bow stands for.

koan, love that idea (and hillbilly already started growing some moss in his face  ;D )

pat, thanks but as long as you keep bringing up the loot i took with me, i will bring up the one experience i was deprived of  >:D  and offering to bring PBR to this year's classic, knowing that i won't be there is just the icing on the cake.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:57:20 am by Dustybaer »