Author Topic: Any thoughts  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Tower

Any thoughts
« on: February 01, 2018, 08:35:17 pm »
Is it getting close to that time of the year.
PITH Trade??
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline UtahChippewa

Re: Any thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 11:25:44 pm »
 :OK...... I’m ready!!!
Knapping...
If you’re breakin’ You’re makin’
If you’re bleedin’  You’re succeedin’

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 09:22:00 am »
I think the end of Feb or the first of Mar.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:13:15 am »
I am in for two.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 11:22:15 am »
The end of February or March would work for me I hope. I’m not sure when I’m getting home from Brazil.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JEB

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 03:17:35 pm »
depends on the point style for me as I am not real good at this breaking rock thing.

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 06:27:53 pm »
I'll take one.

WA

Offline knap_123

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 11:12:49 pm »
Rusty, but I'm in

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 01:54:03 pm »
Glad to see the excitement!  Coming soon...couple weeks.
1’—>1’

Offline Tower

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 07:57:51 pm »
Our usually due date is around the end of April isn't it???
I know we usually give ourselves plenty of time to knap.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 03:22:12 pm »
Hi Tower,

Over the past few years it's been running end of February with all points due the beginning of May, so about 2 months.  I'm realizing this year that I've got to go back and do a little review about last year.  It seemed to me that we did have an issue.  I'm hoping that people will take the time to concentrate on quality and not just whip out the first things they've got in their stock pile.  But...I have no control over that.

Always try to keep it up on the up and up, but I think we did have someone default last year? ???

Have to go back and look...double check before committing to the names in the hat.

Anyhow, coming soon sir! :)
1’—>1’

Offline Tower

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 05:45:18 pm »
If someone did default let me know.  I'll send them a point.

Offline JEB

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 07:59:35 pm »
Confused:  Is the point or blade the knappers choice or everyone making the same style of point and they are being sent out.  Please explain for us newer knappers. Thanks.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 09:21:54 pm »
Jeb I think this is a trade and you say how many point you want to trade. If you say three points you will get three names to send to and three different  people will get your name to send to. You can knap anything you want. It's open to very new Knappers also. I've seen your stuff and you don't have anything to worry about. If I said anything incorrect please someone correct me.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 11:08:07 pm »
BJ, I don't have any involvement in running the Primitive Archer PITH trades, but in my own opinion, the thing that makes it the most fun is for all levels to participate. A beginner may be trading with one of the best, or two of the best may be trading with each other. It's all about seeing each other's work and appreciating the struggles and accomplishments of others. After participating in a lot of PITHS, you can look at the variety of what you have received, and there will be beginner work, master knapper work, pretty material, crude material, big points and small points. Some may be pressure flaked, some percussion, some made with copper and some made with stone, wood and bone. For me, looking at the PITH points I have received is a lot like reviewing my journey in this addiction.

The other thing that makes it really special is for everybody to post photos of what they receive so everybody else can enjoy them too.

WA