Author Topic: Short hackberry ( more pics added)  (Read 5518 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Short hackberry ( more pics added)
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 05:57:29 pm »
Ditto to the previous traffic.Very well done.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 07:20:54 am »
Nice job. Looks great.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline Morgan

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 08:55:14 am »
Thanks again to all of y’all. I’ve been kinda self conscious about posting bows I make. All the bows I make are plain and simple and I like them, but I’m surprised at the compliments I’ve received.

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 09:59:47 pm »
Don't be!  Everyone started somewhere, and there are always gonna be blow-hards, but they are very few in either trad archery or primitive bowyer circles.  EVERYBODY here loves wooden bows.  Simple, fancy, whatever.  If it survives to full draw, and doesn't look like a cartoon, it's beautiful, whether perfect or not.

And, seriously, the real beauty is in the tiller.  Your bows are FINE!

I have some of the worst adult ADD you've ever seen, and I have a similar problem finishing stuff.  Sometimes, I have INFINITE patience and almost spooky levels of focus, but not necessarily for say, sanding.   I often get a bow to the point where I learned what I wanted to learn, or tried what I wanted to try, and set it aside the next time I get interrupted, for who knows how long.  Eventually, I get around to finishing and posting.  You are not alone.

Offline S.C. hunter

• does a possum have enough brains to tan his hide ?
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2018, 07:19:22 am »
Hey Morgan,
  Looking good!  59" with that weight sounds awesome to me, I like the stain. Should be a good bow to hunt from a blind.   Heck I like everything about it.

Steve