Author Topic: Thanks Jamie... for Two kills bow...  (Read 6987 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Thanks Jamie... for Two kills bow...
« on: March 24, 2008, 04:50:53 pm »
 Two kills recieved his bow today....built by Jamie Burleigh.. Michbowguy...these pics are of him shooting the bow for the first time.. and the last we saw him he was heading for the wild places..in search of his favorite prey .. Rabbits..Hawk a/ho

[attachment deleted by admin]
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Canoe

• Progress - Not Perfection
Re: Thanks Jamie... for Two kills bow...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:06:57 pm »
Howdy Hawkbow and Two Kills... and Jamie,

That's a beautiful bow!   And, it's dangerous lookin' - Rabbits beware!

One of the three bows I currently have in process, is a selfbow of White Ash, and is an Am. Longbow with a rigid handle.  I'm making it for a little six-year old - She's a First Grader who is about 52" tall, and growing like a weed.  (It'll be my first selfbow.)

The length of the selfbow is about 55" long. 
And, I'm wondering what draw weight I should be shooting for?

Thanks for letting me post my question here.

And, again, many compliments on that kid's bow.

All the best,
Canoe
"Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same."  - R. W. Emerson

"Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit."    -Edward Abbey

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 07:32:14 pm »
A boy ,A bow and his dog are off to conquer the great  unknown , good pictures Hawkbow there is some future articles in there right ?
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:00:25 pm »
Well mike ya might se yer boy when he runs out of arrows ;) Man I love to see kids with bows enjoying themselves.
Well dome mbg. For this deed I name ya a honary Yooper ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Badger

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 01:14:29 am »
Man that dog and that boy and that bow bring back some fond memories. Steve

Bishop

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 01:41:34 am »
a wonderful thing to see....something like that makes me feel young again
Bishop

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 06:53:23 pm »
What is a Yooper? ... you guys are so correct.. seeing josiah with his new bow sure brings back old memories.. the local bunny population iis under siege... and only moving at night ;D.. i will post pics of his kills (at his request).. for all to enjoy.. the bow is a fast shooting meat maker .. i haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet but, he will eventually lay it down so I can try it out ;)... Hawk a/ho

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 07:44:52 pm »
not sure,but i think a yooper is some one fro the u.p. of mich.
hence the term came as yooper(u.p.er) correct me if i'm wrong. but you know us minnesotans dont cha know fer sure.

dang if that boy dont look as happy and excited as a fox in a hen house.lol
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 09:33:48 pm »
Can't wait for the trophy pics Mike. Remember thats his bow not yours, ya just have to learn to play with yer own toys :D

Ya a Yooper is someone from da Upper Peninsula of Michigan eh, but I thought everyone on here knew that by now ???
between me and yankeemongiat I thought we had edukamated you all ;D Ifin ya can't tell were a little proud of our heritage up here.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 10:06:56 pm »
well now I know ... glad to be an honorary Yooper.. I hope there aren't any  crazy initiation rights... Hawk a/ho

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 10:26:41 pm »
Oh....I am sure dat me and dat Dana Guy can fine sum purdy good tings ta do fer dem Innishe-ate-shuns...you be talkin bout....hows about it Dana....maybe da skinnydippin in da Harbor in Manistique off a da Breakwall in late February....an shackin da Snow Plows on Highway U.S. 2 ....or pickin dem Blueberries out in Scenie...with da Black Bears....now dats a good one too!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 10:55:33 pm »
Send me after the black bears , I at least know how to arrow them thay will cook up good with a blackberry sauce... skinnydippin , I never do that it scares the fish too bad...Hawk a/ho

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 11:19:17 pm »
yo have never stuck a Toe into Lake Superior or Lake Michigan have you???? They will make a Newborn out of you in 10 seconds flat!!! If you get my Drift..can you say two peas and a Peppermint Stick!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:36:24 pm by yankeemongiat »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 11:32:18 pm »
two peas and a peppermint stick is right. :) :) the ocean in maine is bitter cold in summer. i was the only kid and person to get in. i have waded in cold water in winter here trappin, but that stuff was like ice... in summer! ;D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 11:41:09 pm »
I grew up on the shores of the Great Githce Gumee....an Superior don't get no warmer than 44 degrees in August....in June and July....She is about 38....with a Top Surface Temperature of a whopping 45 degrees....dive in....and you are talking 34-38 degrees....it will take your Breath away....wont it Dana???? But i tell you what...when it's 85-90 outside....and you are sweatting Pups....just go Dive in....and come back and shiver for an Hour afterwards......I wouldn't trade it for the World!!
2024...We Will Overcome