Author Topic: Are there any Primitive Bowyer events near WY, MT, ID?  (Read 11045 times)

Offline NorthHeart

Are there any Primitive Bowyer events near WY, MT, ID?
« on: February 09, 2018, 10:51:45 am »
Hi everyone.  In the last 3yrs that ive been building bows i still havent met up with any other bowyers in a group setting.  I really want to make an event near me this year.  I currently live in Wyoming and will be moving to Montana in a few months.  Are there any events or gatherings around these areas, either bow building events or shoots, where i can meet some other primitive archers hang out, discuss and do what we love? )P(

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Are there any Primitive Bowyer events near WY, MT, ID?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 01:53:08 pm »
You're moving further away!  What part of MT are you moving to?  We do need some sort of gathering in this part of the country.  Maybe we can coerce some of the WYO guys to host a gathering WYBowJam?  WestBow?  Got JW's Turkey Camp in SD in May and the flight shoot at Bonneville UT Labor Day Weekend, and I think that is about it!  There are several guys over in UT,  I am in Loveland, CO so any gathering is at least about a day's drive,(500 miles), and I ain't 21 anymore!  Stay in touch and maybe we can get something going in a sort of central location.keep us posted!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:59:55 am »
Hawk-I too am good with about a days drive.  Maybe if we could get a few guys together we could make something happen.  Ill be moving to Missoula, MT...plenty of young whipper snappers and outdoorsmen for me to rub off on lol.  Once i get established there i dont mind hosting something.  But attending an event first will give me some idea as to the flow of things.

What city is that even you mentioned in SD?

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:40:27 am »
There was a bow making get together in Montana last year that I heard had quite a good turn out. Maybe they will have another this year?

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 12:35:44 pm »
I believe JW is in the vicinity of Rapid City, turkey camp is about 14 - 20 May.  Missoula is about a day and a half plus from here, but doable., so is Bonneville.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 09:02:48 pm »
Yep , the Ojam folks went up to Montana last year and helped put on the first annual Montana selfbow event , it went well and we should be hearing about this years event soon
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 09:43:56 am »
Buckeye-where would i inquire to find more info about this years Montana event?  Is that something on FB or that they post on here.  I have a way of thinking im informed then missing things lol.

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 04:53:23 pm »
I'm a little further West than you guy, here in Oregon, but I'd try to make it an event somewhere out here in the western states. I used to live in Wyoming and Colorado, and I'd love to go back and visit to do an event like this.
Eric

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 08:48:22 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iTI--H5FdE&t=37s

In the link above the guy talking at the very beginning has a shirt that says mtjam with the state of montana outline.  When i google it nothing related to a bow event comes up.  Does anyone here have more info?

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 11:16:29 am »
I checked last year's post, it was put up by Carson (CMB).  That one was in Logan, way up near the border, I think.  He may have some info or another contact.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 05:47:10 pm »
I will contact them and report back
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 08:00:49 pm »
Sorry folks one of the folks in charge is moving to Idaho so they have decided there will not be an event this year
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:08:58 am by Buckeye Guy »
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 10:49:52 am »
Sorry folks one of the folks in charge is moving to Idaho so they have decided there will not be an event this year

Buckeye is this in regards to the Montana event?

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 11:22:15 am »
That is my conclusion.  Maybe we can get the guys in Utah to host something the weekend before or after 4 July.  They are sort of centrally located.  Would have to be rather simple and informal, maybe like some bow building, arrow making, and knapping sessions, with a place to camp.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 02:06:06 pm »
Hawk- i like the sound of that.  Sit back, build some stuff, camp and tell some stories  (SH) :-D