Author Topic: Hunting quiver  (Read 2725 times)

Offline bronco611

• God ,country ,family, flintknapping
Hunting quiver
« on: February 13, 2018, 08:55:04 pm »
I have been wanting to make a quiver for hunting and target shooting. I finally built it. It holds up to 8 arrows easily and is easy to remove arrows from with field points or broadheads. Material list is: expandable art tube from Michael's  $14.00, can of headliner glue $11.00, 2 leather belts from thrift store $1.00. All the camo material and inside material I already had. Free!! I was able to build it for a total of $26.00 . Hope you like it. forgot to add that I have 1 1/2 inches of foam in the bottom and glued the two cylinders together with 2 part epoxy glue then finished and smoothed off with hot melt glue ( items I already had on hand also). 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:01:00 am by bronco611 »
FLINTKNAPPING IS EASY...I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I COULD BREAK AN ANVIL WITH A POWDER PUFF.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Hunting quiver
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:31:00 pm »
Nice work, Bronco...and at a good price.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:08 pm »
Looks like it will work great. Nice job.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:19:22 pm »
Like those behind the back quivers!  Be sure to line the upper part with fur to silence/support the fletching and protect the base with foam for plastic bags(replaceable)!  Rain flap may be good, too
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 07:38:09 am »
I like it bronco.Nice work.I like using those type quivers too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bronco611

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 07:57:24 am »
Hawkdancer, I already have 1 1/2 inches of foam in the bottom (forgot to include in list of materials) I will  need to put fur where the fletchings will ride. Thanks for pointing that out. I also used two part epoxy to seal the two pieces together so they will not slide then finished the joint with hot melt glue and smoothed the transition, Thinking about changing strap out to a leather one which I can make a pocket to install a small knife for gutting and skinning. I may add a rain flap and drill a small hole in the bottom edge for water to drain if I do get water into it. Thanks for the extra insights.
FLINTKNAPPING IS EASY...I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I COULD BREAK AN ANVIL WITH A POWDER PUFF.

Offline Philipp A

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 01:57:16 pm »
wow nice and cost effective quiver! that was a lot cheaper to make than mine  :). what are the dimensions? can you post some pics with arrows in it?

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 06:36:14 pm »
Nice work

Offline bronco611

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 05:26:16 am »
Pictures showing dimensions and 8 arrows with field points inside.

Offline bronco611

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 05:28:23 am »
Some more pictures