Author Topic: Pigs and guns  (Read 2319 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Pigs and guns
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:16:47 pm »
Hey guys, I need some help. My son and his friend want to hog hunt with guns. They want spot and stalk only and no fences or bait. I would prefer they hunted on somebody that knows somebody. In other words, a friend of one of my southern friends. South Carolina is about as far south as they would have time to drive to and back. If you have suggestions, please let me know. They are responsible "kids", both are in their 20th years of life.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Pigs and guns
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:41:35 pm »
Have you spoke to James Parker?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:45:26 pm »
Georgia, the Alexacarri Plantation in Abbeville, Ga. It's about 2 hours south of Atlanta. Tim Beach is the owner and you'll never find a first class place to stalk and hunt wild hogs. Google Alexacarri Plantation. There has been outdoor shows videoed there along with Tred Barta trying to do it the Hard Way. By the way, he didn't get it done, Chris Cade and I did it two weeks later. We were the first to make kills with primitive and traditional equipment stalking and hunting.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:46:19 pm »
James doesn't have any hogs. He hunts at Alexacarri with us.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 06:23:10 am »
No hogs in my part of Tennessee or they would be more than welcome, I will ask around, I have friends East and west that have hogs but that may to far for them to drive. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 06:34:00 am »
Thanks for all you help guys.

Eddie I don't think the boys can get down that far south and back home in the time they will have. Both are in college and have limited time off work. Pappy, anywhere in Tennessee would be fine. They can get to almost any part in 8-11 hours.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 07:09:16 am »
Chris,
No hogs on my place, but we do have a few beaver we need to get rid of .......
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 08:33:14 am »
I wont say I wish you had hogs on yours Bill, that would change everything and not for the better. But, if you did? Id feel very comfortable sending them your way.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 02:39:27 pm »
Chris, Tim will pick up at the Atlanta Airport but turkey season is about to kick in gear down here.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 06:07:17 pm »
There are plenty of hogs where I live In Ky but they are nocternal. I have a buddy that has hog dogs and they run them and once there bayed, they turn the catch dog loose on them. Just about 5 miles from my house Kentucky dept of fish and wildlife flew a helicopter on a friends farm and killed a bunch. They damage everything. I wish they where all gone. We have a bunch of government land here in Pulaski County they can hunt. But better get here before it greens up or they will never see them.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 07:31:28 am »
Thanks for the info Gut. That's closer to what I'm looking for. They don't have money or much time, but they have a desire to hunt and I have to support that 100%. I wonder if there is a license needed? In Michigan its open season all year and not tags required. But we don't have any kind of huntable population, just escapees from farms or canned hunt ranches.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 04:40:38 pm »
PD- I would get on KY DEPT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE website there you can find out what they would need. There is also public camping on our government land with no cost. Just can’t have any vehicle off maintained roads. If there interested I. Coming down let me know by PM and I can meet up with them and show them around.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 07:54:45 am »
That is very kind of you, I really appreciate it. Let me get with the boys and try to feel them out. This may end up being at a different time as I don't want them running around during turkey season and bugging those hunters.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 08:55:32 am »
In Virginia they have a hog hunt at a state park by the back bay at Virginia beach.
You need a big game lic.  Only one day though at end of deer season.
Check it out on line.
Not sure where you are located?
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 10:36:38 am »
I've always wanted to hunt wild pigs, but NY outlawed it a while back.  >:(

Hope your boys end up with a nice one!  (SH) (-_) )P(
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb