Author Topic: Looking for Sturgeon skins, colorful snake skins or copperheads  (Read 5384 times)

Offline NorthHeart

Looking for Sturgeon skins, colorful snake skins or copperheads
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:58:34 pm »
Ive never had a set of Sturgeon skins to try, id really like to get ahold of some.  Just so i know their value, what would a set go for price wise?

Also, id love to try some colorful snake skins, king snake, or coral snake and the likes, also copperheads.  All i ever have access to is rattlers.  I want to try something new.

For trade i have pieces of bighorn ram horn(not the section needed for a horn bow thats what i used lol), many small cuts for tip overlays.  Or if you want some big drop offs to make combs or something crafty out of i have those too.  I also have some nice 200gr screw on BH's, 2 and 3 blade.  And x6 easton axis 500 spine raw shafts.  And some bamboo shafts.  I hope some of this is good enough for what someone would want for a trade.  Ill keep looking around. 

PM me if you can help please an thank you.

Offline High-Desert

Re: Looking for Sturgeon skins, colorful snake skins or copperheads
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:41:36 pm »
A friend bought a set of sturgeon skins for me, and he paid $125. They are not easy to come by, especially when sturgeon season is getting shorter and more strict, at least on the Columbia.
Eric

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:50 pm »
PM sent
Eric

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 09:46:44 pm »
replied Erik!  on top of our trade i would be more than willing to buy some sturgeon skins if someone could provide me a contact.  i mean out of all the weird stuff i have contacts for i dont even know where to begin on that one lol.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 03:42:37 am »
I live on the Columbia sturgeon is only open a couple days a year. And it’s always odd like a Wednesday and Saturday.
The guides strip the skins throw em away and little ole bryce is there to scavenge LOL
But the last good set I got was last year. High-desert is right they are a rare commodity these days
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 09:13:23 am »
Wow thats crazy one mans trash is another mans treasure i wonder if they realize how much money they could make off weirdos like me that want Sturgeon skins lol.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 02:32:57 am »
Minnesota has quite a liberal Sturgeon season in some of their Rivers. The size of the Fish are smaller than Their West Coast Brothern, but perfect for Bow Backing. Years ago a Buddy had a line and got lots of skins. I'm sorry I don't have a link, but maybe might get You headed in the right direction. Good Luck - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 07:09:47 am »
That's crazy Bryce. Here our season didn't even last a whole day. They caught the limit and closed the season in less than a day. I know a few guys that have been trying for years but haven't been lucky enough to get one. None of them want to give up the skins though if they do get one.
I do have a cousin in Minnesota though. He's not a fisherman but maybe he knows someone who is. If I somehow become overwhelmed with skins I'll let you know.lol
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 09:43:13 am »
I'm afraid BJ is right.But now did you look onto Trad Gang site?You never know.I once found a fella on there that sold big copperheads from ones used during religious services.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 02:48:47 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I will try trad gang as Ed suggested, and maybe even leatherwall.  Im not much of an angler at all, but Missoula MT might have some Sturgeon skin contacts when i get there, seeing as how its a big fishing guide town.

p.s.-On trad gang apparently you have to be a contributing member to post.  Have any of you guys signed up for that?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:55:35 pm by 240m3srt »

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 04:37:24 pm »
Personally 249m3srt I just eves' dropped on there and then personally contacted someone stating they had some for sale.On the PA it has to be all trading mostly so people selling this stuff kinda migrate to other sites that allow for sale.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 10:54:45 pm »
Up here there is a sturgeon caviar farm. They sell whole fish as well, around 100-200$ depending on size. I haven’t done it yet, but I’ve really been meaning to order one.

Offline bubby

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 11:56:35 pm »
Sturgeon is a delicious fish
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 01:39:05 am »
Yeah there is only a few more years before they will open the season back up to normal. The last one I caught was up by the dam. 8’er so I had to release it. Anything below 42” and above 72” you have to release.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 12:06:11 pm »
sending pm wizard....