Author Topic: Tennessee Classic Raffle Table  (Read 10661 times)

Offline BrianS

Re: Tennessee Classic Raffle Table
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 06:01:45 pm »
Outstanding!

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 06:12:57 pm »
I have something in the works too, a bit different than what I’ve done for the raffle before.
Btw pat I’ve put tickets on your figurines both years sense you started making them and not even come close ;D guess that means they’re a popular item at the raffle table.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 06:23:18 pm »
The third time is a charm, Dylan.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 07:36:41 am »
next year you'll have to do a buffalo hunt on a 4x8 plywood layout ,I can see it now .
Like the knappers, might have to add a little blood.
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 07:40:42 am »
Roger, I was wondering what to do next year...a buffalo hunt.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 01:00:26 pm »
Well, it's just about done. Only a few finishing touches left. The bow is Eastern Woodland style hickory bow with a twisted sinew string and single side nocks, quiver is birch bark, arrows are hill cane with real feathers, atlatl and darts are hill cane with real feathers, The stone they are knapping, the debitage and the pile on the ground are found artifact chips and the ground cover is creek sand and small gravel. Here are a few pics...

Offline BrianS

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 01:56:15 pm »
Very nice work. That should bring in good money at your raffle table. I know i would bid on it!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 03:17:38 am »
WOW - Too cool  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline JEB

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 05:59:29 am »
Pat, that is just an OUTSTANDING  work of art.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 11:03:12 am »
Thanks guys. I really enjoy making these figures and it is definitely going for a good cause.  8)

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 12:18:37 pm »
Pat, I can almost hear the schnick sound of a good flake being removed and smell the campfire. Again you have raised the bar pretty high, Sure hope I can win that piece, truly amazing. Bob

Offline rps3

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 07:02:19 pm »
That's quite the work of art. Lots of different things coming together to make the whole. Just the painting alone looks great.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 07:36:19 am »
Beautiful work Pat, many thanks. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 09:35:24 am »
Hoping for big numbers again this year Pappy.  :OK
I'd still like to see what others will be offering.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 10:47:27 am »
Well, I've donated bows in previous Classics but, after winning a double-grand-whammy a few years ago I thought it time to return the effort. 

This is a deflex/reflex, sinew backed bow from osage billets I rec'd in or around 1995.  The billets I was told, were from a tree cut in 1950.  They were stored/found inside an old barn.  They were W-Spliced into a heavy deflex then the limbs bent individually on a form built just for this bow.  It has 3 layers of whitetail sinew which is covered/decorated with a printed, heavy linen cloth.  The bow is about 56" long tip-to-tip and is 45# at 26" draw length.

The quiver I made from heavy leather I've collected during the years.  The quiver strap leather came from our late, Mr. Clyde Gaskins.  The river cane arrows were made from shafts harvested in Tennessee as well the turkey feathers they are fletched with.

The knife blank was made by Twin Oaks Member, Mr. Alan Corn.  I finished it with curly cherry wood scales.

This was a fun project and I'm thrilled to donate this set to the 2018 TN Classic Raffle Table. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:05:54 pm by MWirwicki »
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI