Author Topic: thanks to Chris for a great weekend  (Read 5205 times)

Offline paulsemp

thanks to Chris for a great weekend
« on: March 07, 2018, 03:55:52 pm »
Last weekend myself Greg and Mike went up to Chris's to spend the weekend to make bows.  we spent most of the time working in his Workshop and watching him cook us food. Every meal was planned out and phenomenal. Spent a half a day to go do some stump shooting and flight shooting. Chris gifted me a little yew branch that I turned into a new bow for my daughter Nina. I also finished up a Osage longbow . Greg spent most of his time working on his Elm Hall donation bow. Mike finished up a yew bow that turned out sweet. And Chris did nothing but make a bow that broke! And on top of it on my way out the door he sent me home with some wood. I only took a few pictures but I wanted to share them. Thanks a lot Chris had a great time!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:33:23 pm by paulsemp »

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: thanks to Chris for a great weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 04:55:22 pm »
Looks like fun.Plenty of room to fling some arrows.Little girl looks like she feels the same.Good going Chris!!
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 05:06:16 pm »
He cooks?! ;D

Sounds great.
1’—>1’

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 05:22:00 pm »
That's a rough looking group picture  ;D    Was there any good hunting stories told?   (SH)      It looks like Nina is happy with her new bow. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 05:23:02 pm »
Funny Clint, I showed my wife that picture and told her "check out these athletes"

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:55:25 pm »
Funny Clint, I showed my wife that picture and told her "check out these athletes"

Thought I was watching the Olympics.lol sure is nice to have those get togethers
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 05:59:15 pm »
Motley looking Crew for sure.....hate to hear that the hackberry static bit the dust, but i heard once,  if your not breakin your not makin....
Like Clint said any good "hunting" stories told that weekend.  anything like the mystery of "Chief Running Arrow"??  I hear tales of his presents and days of hunting.............

Nina looks like she has grown at least 2" bet her draw length is growing too.... :) just means more bows from Dad.
Thanks for the pics, Paul.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 06:01:02 pm »
What a bunch.  Good times I'm sure

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 07:07:50 pm »
That group photo is money. Sounds like a great time. Lots of  :BB (SH) (=) and  -C-.

"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Stringman

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 08:36:35 pm »
Looks like fun! Sure hope you make it to Tenn this year! Ashton needs her runnin pardner!

Offline bubby

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 11:17:10 pm »

Maybe the olyimpic curling team lol, Nina always has the biggest smile Paul. Looks like fun times
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 11:26:30 pm »
Glad to see you fellas got together! Is this the 2nd, or 3rd, year for the "lil gathering"?
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline chamookman

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 01:46:22 am »
Thanks for sharing Paul, good to You Guys all together ! Tell Nina to smile next time will Ya  :laugh:  :OK ! Good job Drums ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline ksnow

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 06:28:39 am »
Looks like a great time was had by all. The smile on her face makes it all worth it.  Can't wait to see you guys at Marshall.

Kyle

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 06:33:29 am »
What an amazing weekend, its second time in three years we have got together in my shop. The time I spend with these guys, and several other long distance friends, is priceless to me. And like all good things, it goes by much too fast. The last pic is a rock n roll pose just for Goat. We made three yew bows from his gifts to me. For the record, the hackberry static isn't dead, just needs some Greg love. Several of you will see it first hand in May, and maybe even own it.  ;)  And, yes I can cook Steve-O! Like a mad man, I thoroughly enjoy feeding people  -C-

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.